Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

18 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think we do need a full back, a young one to cover both sides, Williams would fit the bill

Tbf mate I think we can do without if we keep guilbert this season and then give revan and Kessler another year to develop, maybe loan them out to give them some first team football

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

with all this grealish talk i hope we dont take our eyes off ball about in comings

NSWE already know the outcome of this media 'clickbait' frenzy so they won't be distracted. They'll be fully focussed on the job in hand, which is putting together a team that Jack will be excited to captain next season, and we will be delighted to support.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You know that’s not the actual Purslow, or his purse strings?

Next you'll be saying there's no Father Christmas!

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

This is a very good point, at the rate Kane is doing at the Euros, if Jack is circa 150m, citeh probably think they can Kane as well for 151m.

Apparently Man City are going to offer us a straight cash deal of £150m for Jack or £200m cash plus Sterling. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, allani said:

But can they offer him this?  Skip the first minute.  But this happens to very few players.

This has to be the goal of every footballer right? No player has a better chance of replicating this right now than Jack I'd say. Glorious.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

This has to be the goal of every footballer right? No player has a better chance of replicating this right now than Jack I'd say. Glorious.

That's bigger then trophies and money, that's everything. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

I'm sure NSWE have been in touch with City to see if they're preparing a bid so that they'll know whether they need to brace for it when it's launched.

I wonder did the arabs ask for a loan of our table?

32 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

I'm sure NSWE have been in touch with City to see if they're preparing a bid so that they'll know whether they need to brace for it when it's launched.

NSWE come 7pm Monday evening 

Peanut Butter Running GIF by Jif

On 24/06/2021 at 11:32, thabucks said:

Be intriguing to know if there was ever anything  in the kinks to Giorgian de Arrascaeta…

Watched him last night with Uruguay, he created their first goal with a smart run and ball across the box and should've had at least one other assist had Cavani been a little sharper. Looked right at home with the likes of Cavani and Suarez, good passing range and movement, very much an all-out attacking 10, though you'd expect that kind of freedom against Bolivia. Next match is vs Paraguay (with Newcastle's Almiron who was outstanding vs Chile yesterday) at 8PM Monday night in the Americas (so maybe like 1AM Tuesday for Brits?) if anyone wants to see him play.

• Thanks 1

A player I think would be a huge signing and a massive statement of intent.

Phillipe Coutinho

I have no idea of the transfer cost, or the wage demand. But Coutinho next to Grealish in either the CAM or LW would be something at Villa Park.

A 2 year deal perhaps to get his career back on track. A player who makes the world pay some attention to Villa Park, and a pull for other players looking to join.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

A player I think would be a huge signing and a massive statement of intent.

Phillipe Coutinho

I have no idea of the transfer cost, or the wage demand. But Coutinho next to Grealish in either the CAM or LW would be something at Villa Park.

A 2 year deal perhaps to get his career back on track. A player who makes the world pay some attention to Villa Park, and a pull for other players looking to join.

Oooh interesting. That has the potential to go both horribly wrong and incredibly well. genuinely one I can't decide where I would stand on it. 

I mean, I'd definitely be buzzed about it if that came about but does have some potential to be a disaster. Interesting!

Edited by HalfTimePost

Cannot see our current recruitment team going near Coutinho. Suso maybe would’ve pursued that type of deal but who knows. He won’t be playing for Villa next season even if it’s a Rodriguez to Everton deal & Barca gave him to us for free…