Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Don't see any reason we would go for tammy when we still need massive upgrades elsewhere in the squad. Specifically another LW/CAM and a defensive Midfielder. St just isn't a priority and if we want a striker we should be going for someone who is younger and won't be a club record fee. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

File under lazy clueless journos. Even if Dean Smith was interested we're not paying crazy inflated Chelsea prices when we play solo striker system and Watkins is the main man according to Smith 

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

File under lazy clueless journos. Even if Dean Smith was interested we're not paying crazy inflated Chelsea prices when we play solo striker system and Watkins is the main man according to Smith 

Maybe we wouldn't have done so but now we will because it's another reason to convince our captain to stay? Not beyond the realms of possibility. Would be great to have much better depth up front.

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Unless the system changes to two strikers if Grealish leaves?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

I’d sooner spend that money on Alvarez and Sarr. Will always love Tammy, as I do all the players in that promotion team, but I don’t think he’s what we need. I can’t see him doing that pressing forward that Ollie does so well, and seems to be an important part of the way we play now. 

What if the coaching team decided that based on last season we need more than one way of approaching games? If Plan A doesn't work then we need Plan B, not Plan A recycled. This is how we will keep improving.

Just now, Okonokos said:

What if the coaching team decided that based on last season we need more than one way of approaching games? If Plan A doesn't work then we need Plan B, not Plan A recycled. This is how we will keep improving.

Exactly the plan last season was 4-5-1 give it to Grealish. When he was out that's why we were relegation form levels of bad.

We need another way of playing and winning. Especially if key players leave 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Don't see any reason we would go for tammy when we still need massive upgrades elsewhere in the squad. Specifically another LW/CAM and a defensive Midfielder. St just isn't a priority and if we want a striker we should be going for someone who is younger and won't be a club record fee. 

Maybe the ultimate priority is convincing Grealish to stay and this would certainly help when you consider what good friends they are. I wouldn't rule this one out so quickly. 

1 hour ago, Okonokos said:

Ahh .... The Mirror, sister paper of the Brum Mail no less. Both of which "as it happens" are running this story. 

Personally i'll file it in the "complete rehash of their mass of other completely fabricated BS clickbait stories"

No doubt we'll see daily BS updates on how "Chelsea want more cash" or "Player fancies the move" then doesn't the day after coz "his mate says he wants a top 4 cub" etc etc repeat repeat.

Edited by danceoftheshamen

Ollie's been better for us in the premier than Tammy was for us in the champ, I think we'll buy a more versatile and cheaper forward to compete with Ollie and Wes.

It seems our priority positions are AM/WF and DMF, I'd guess another 50m on those 2 positions and a punt on young forward player similar to Alvarez

We're still a season or 2 away from spending 40m on a second forward when we only play with one

Edited by VillaJay

I could see us spend big on another striker if the plan was to change the plan A to play with 2 attackers in say a 3-5-2. Can't see us doing it if we plan to continue with 4-3-3 and play with a single striker just to have a very expensive plan B on the bench.

Tammy would surely be at least £40m-£50m. For that money we don't buy a squad player.

Edit: And if that was the case I'd rather get Werner from Chelsea. Ducks for cover.

Edited by sne

4 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

It's gettable and I do sort of agree but these all improve next year imo:

Arsenal: 2nd in the form table since Gameweek 15. Yes we beat them after this, but they were the second best team through the final 23 games of the season. 

Chelsea: Tuchel full season and proper pre-seasons for Havertz, Ziyech and Werner. Even if they sell Ziyech, they'll likely upgrade Werner. They'll improve.

Liverpool: VVD back, Allison not injured, Henderson back. Their forwards and Henderson age a bit but they'll be more solid.

That's 16 Points from last season that will be more difficult points next season.

I'd expect us to replicate this next bit but also interesting will be: 

Palace (3pts) to become more of a threat when they don't lose Zaha. Plus Lucien Favre allows him and Eze to attack. Wolves (4pts) will be interesting after losing Nuno but Jimenez will be back. 13pts from Relegated sides - Watford and Brentford will be less of a push over than Baggies and Fulham were this year.

On Paper....but we play on grass.

I'm not sure it works like that.......being fired up for every game and having momentum to show intensity and a will to win.....I'll back that.

I’m a massive fan of Abraham, I hope the rumours of the £40m bid are true, imagine Abraham and Watkins up front with Grealish playing off them either as a number 10 or on the wing, yes please. Abraham is a natural born goalscorer for me and he seems to have a great attitude too. Abraham was great for us in The Championship, I think he can do the same in the Premier League

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rich192 said:

I’d sooner spend that money on Alvarez and Sarr. Will always love Tammy, as I do all the players in that promotion team, but I don’t think he’s what we need. I can’t see him doing that pressing forward that Ollie does so well, and seems to be an important part of the way we play now. 

We need a different striker a speed merchant like Gabby or Vardy to stretch teams and  stop defenders coming in to midfield to over load us.....we need variety.

Ollie is good at what he does, we don't need the same, we need a quick thinking, slick, fleet footed striker with a good first touch, a young Aguero type.

Louie Barry/Brad Young, is probably the answer, but a tad too young IMV......They need a bit more maturing.

• Like 2

Just now, TRO said:

We need a different striker a speed merchant like Gabby or Vardy to stretch teams and  stop defenders coming in to midfield to over load us.....we need variety.

Ollie is good at what he does, we don't need the same, we need a quick thinking, slick, fleet footed striker with a good first touch, a young Aguero type.

Louie Barry/Brad Young, is probably the answer, but a tad too young IMV......They need a bit more maturing.

Barry would definitely suit the speed merchant criteria.

I do envisage him as more of a Wide forward in the future though. Just a shame he isn't really physically there yet.