Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Personally I just think our refs are crap.

Look at the jump in quality in the refs at the Euros

Yes. But a large part of that is their bias. Every on field decision goes the way of the sky 6. So VAR doesn't add or take anything away because they aren't going to overturn decisions for them and there were never any decisions against them to begin with. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Personally I just think our refs are crap.

Look at the jump in quality in the refs at the Euros

Damn right..

Do the Euros refs come straight from UEFA and are they trained directly by them just out of curiosity?

Like you said the quality is real noticeable and it'd be amazing to get rid of the Prema refs and have the euro refs in our yard, seem to be seeing much less VAR stuff anyhow and play stopages.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Damn right..

Do the Euros refs come straight from UEFA and are they trained directly by them just out of curiosity?

Like you said the quality is real noticeable and it'd be amazing to get rid of the Prema refs and have the euro refs in our yard, seem to be seeing much less VAR stuff anyhow and play stopages.

Not directed at you but as a general comment:

a lot of it isn’t down to the refs though. It’s the rules and how the refs have been directed by uefa to interpret and apply them. The PL have utterly screwed up the application of VAR and the new rules in every respect. 

Our refs aren’t inherently awful - they are very well trained and ideas that they’re all useless or super bias are just nonsense. Every team thinks they get shafted. Refs aren’t taking bribes or being told ‘hey look out for the big 6’ - get real.

The PL just need to take whatever directives are applying to Euros and apply them to the PL (super fast, pretty much 1-2 look review and REALLY aggressively apply the clear and obvious error rule (if you need more than 2 looks, it isn’t clear and obvious), don’t show a million replays if any on TV to cut down this new approach that seeing VAR and talking about VAR is a key part to the football watching experience and instead focus on the game as it pretty much immediately continues,  play on a lot more, allow more physicality, etc.).

Anyway, that’s my take on the summer transfer window...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

a lot of it isn’t down to the refs though. It’s the rules and how the refs have been directed by uefa to interpret and apply them. The PL have utterly screwed up the application of VAR and the new rules in every respect. 

Our refs aren’t inherently awful - they are very well trained and ideas that they’re all useless or super bias are just nonsense. Every team thinks they get shafted. Refs aren’t taking bribes or being told ‘hey look out for the big 6’ - get real.

The PL just need to take whatever directives are applying to Euros and apply them to the PL (super fast, pretty much 1-2 look review and REALLY aggressively apply the clear and obvious error rule (if you need more than 2 looks, it isn’t clear and obvious), don’t show a million replays if any on TV to cut down this new approach that seeing VAR and talking about VAR is a key part to the football watching experience and instead focus on the game as it pretty much immediately continues,  play on a lot more, allow more physicality, etc.).

I kind of agree... But then at the same time I've not seen anyone with the body shape of John Moss at the euros... And I think there is a bias, especially at the big clubs home games, pre determined or just kind of natural I'm not so sure, benefit of the doubt and say its natural given the atmosphere and circumstances 

What PGMOL need to do is accept a back seat, the most exciting league in the world or whatever the PL now markets itself as is not exciting because of them, UEFA have put the ref and VAR in the background, PGMOL put it front and centre 

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Damn right..

Haven't really watched the Euro, so you might be right. But I've had this discussion before and I just want to point out a few things.

Firstly, the PL is generally played at a much higher tempo than any tournaments are. Thus refereeing is much harder.

Secondly, the use of VAR is better around Europe for sure, but that's not really the referees fault I think. The PL officially have to decide how VAR is supposed to be used. While good and bad refereeing exists, there is a worse kind and that's inconsistent refereeing.

Thirdly, what you don't see in the tournaments is the "big club" favourism. You have this in Spain, Italy, Germany or Norway. Every league has it. The amount of dodgy calls I saw Rosenborg get in the domestic league when i grew up. Just like Manchester United in the PL. It's unfortunate, but just because you don't experience it in the international tournaments doesn't mean the refereeing is better.

16 minutes ago, Spoony said:

So basically you’re saying we need to buy a ref from Man U?

16 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Refs aren’t taking bribes or being told ‘hey look out for the big 6’ - get real.

I think this is wrong tbh. I have no proof to point to corruption, but that's not my point either. Generally speaking the established CL clubs will have more media attention and noise around refereeing than the other clubs. Referees WILL get affected by that. It's not that they do it on purpose, but it's just human. You can't not be affected by that media train every day. So the next time you make a decision with 182 BPM, 52 000 fans screaming and 22 whining bastards in your face, you will on pure reflex weigh up your rational thoughts with your instinctive follow the masses and play it safe thoughts.

9 hours ago, RicRic said:

Couldn’t have said it better Myself , yes i do see us on par with Man City in terms of backing and financial power well not on par but the closest next to chelsea, which is truly exciting and if we had finished top four we would be in dreamland because we would be going after some of the worlds best. unlike man city we had a name and was known before any cash injection or huge owners so we should have a lot more leverage 

Their revenues dwarf ours and that's what really matters in this FFP regulated game. Doesn't matter if you're owned by Bill Gates if the club isn't making much money.

17 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Nh, we dig up some dirt on these ***** and keep em on a leash, if there's no dirt, we'll put some there.

Scum6out 

Shouldn’t be too much digging required Phil. 

• Like 1

🥺

Praying,Praying,Praying This Is Not True... But Uproar Expected Throughout The Day

Report From Daily Mail This Morning 

Id Be Depressssssed If He Left Us.. id only be able to handle it if he left abroad to madrid or barca like one of them teams

BD04D07A-1300-4033-B728-949C680C7AB1.jpeg

• Haha 3

Officiating in the PL is poor, and the Euro's have certainly underlined this.

The PL's use of VAR has been crushingly poor, it does ruin the positive side of the game for me. The application of VAR at the Euros has shown us the way, hopefully the FA take note.

I particularly liked the way that despite Sterling being technically fouled via contact in the box, it was ignored as it had no bearing on the play as the ball was running out and away from goal, and was 'set-up' by Sterling to attract the technical penalty. That same play has been given against us last season resulting in a scored penalty, and in other games. If VAR was used consistently the game would be pulled up all the time, every corner would have infringements, but its this inconsistency that annoys. At the Euros they seem to let the ref officiate and only really take a look at goals or serious foul play, everything else is let go, and even the goals seems to be reviewed very quickly.

12 minutes ago, RicRic said:

🥺

Praying,Praying,Praying This Is Not True... But Uproar Expected Throughout The Day

Id Be Depressssssed If He Left Us.. id only be able to handle it if he left abroad to madrid or barca like one of them teams

Sam Blitz 🤣  Is he a colleague of Ronny Roaster and Jimmy Smashit? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Surprised there’s not more mention of Kabak. Would fit as a young player with potential and price apparently slashed in half

Do Liverpool want to get rid of him already? He's only been there for half a season and he played a decent amount then. Surely we could only get a loan if anything.

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Do Liverpool want to get rid of him already? He's only been there for half a season and he played a decent amount then. Surely we could only get a loan if anything.

He was only on loan at Liverpool and is now back at Schalke.

42 minutes ago, RicRic said:

🥺

No way will Purslow and NSWE roll over that easily, that is BS unless there is a release clause. £100m means nothing to us, and Jack and his Agent will need to just suck it up (for another season at least).

46 minutes ago, RicRic said:

🥺

This was originally 'reported' in the sun. This is just a rehash. It's bollocks! If it is true then the catch is probably a huge transfer fee.