Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

39 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Thanks allani, I got a little emotional reading that. I don't know how to do it but this should be all over social media, stuff like this specifically, you're words. This is what media and pundits should be talking about and not their God awful own agendas. 

happy jack grealish GIF by Aston Villa FC

Thanks!  Not sure that I know how to do it either!  But it kind of reminds me of an advert:  Winning the Premier League: £10 million.  Scoring the winning goal in the Champions League final: £50 million.  Scoring the winning goal in a World Cup final: £100 million.  Having 60,000 people crying for an hour after your final match for your boyhood (and only) team: Priceless.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StanBalaban said:

Let's ignore City, Utd, Chelsea and the Plop due to their resources and CL football for a moment, and look at the other teams that finished above us last season.

Spurs - managerless and may lose their captain and main source of goals. Rest of the squad is largely average and recruitment delayed until a new manager is in place.

Arsenal - reports say they're massively in debt. Luiz, Willian, Lacazette and Auba all the wrong side of 30. Average manager and we beat them twice. We should've finished ahead of them.

Everton - another team without a manager. DCL arguably overperformed last season, but maybe Richarlson underperformed. New manager appointment will be key but as it stands, despite years of development whilst we were out of the PL, they weren't that far ahead.

West Ham - Moyes did a great job, but can he repeat it? They've got some good players and benefitted from Lingard's loan form. Not sure if he's going back, but his purple patch dried up towards the end of his spell anyway.

Leeds - fair play to them, an excellent 1st season back, irrespective of the nauseating media arse licking that accompanied their return. Big test coming up for their second season, and will be interesting to not only see if Bamford can continue scoring, but who else they bring in.

Leicester - should have made CL instead of one of the top 4, but hopefully that impacts their recruitment drive somewhat. If rumours of Daka come to fruition, I'd expect another season challenging near the top.

For us, if we keep hold of Jack, we'll have an excellent opportunity to leapfrog a good chunk of those teams. Everyone will have to perform, especially JG, but with a couple more quality additions we should be aiming to climb the ladder much further. We probably won't near to fear much of a challenge from any of the teams that finished below us either, so we really need to ensure this pre season goes without a hitch.

We'll never have a better time to aim for the top 6, and I really hope we've got some quality additions to look forward to.

4th is definitely gettable and im convinced they can do it especially with the european distractions a few of those have got. Ok, every team has injuries.. but they got 55 points with Grealish out for 3 months and us turning to absolute shit, as low ball figure you could push that to low 60 points if he stays fit, adding Buendia and some more quality (whilst other teams are unlikely to be massively improving their squads) could absolutely see us get to 66/67 points which is what usually gets you 4th.

• Like 1

Funnily enough the only trophy that Totti won in his senior career was with the national team at the world cup 2006, Jack could mirror his career/achievements  if England wins the euro’s 

2 minutes ago, villanmac said:

4th is definitely gettable and im convinced they can do it especially with the european distractions a few of those have got. Ok, every team has injuries.. but they got 55 points with Grealish out for 3 months and us turning to absolute shit, as low ball figure you could push that to low 60 points if he stays fit, adding Buendia and some more quality (whilst other teams are unlikely to be massively improving their squads) could absolutely see us get to 66/67 points which is what usually gets you 4th.

It's gettable and I do sort of agree but these all improve next year imo:

Arsenal: 2nd in the form table since Gameweek 15. Yes we beat them after this, but they were the second best team through the final 23 games of the season. 

Chelsea: Tuchel full season and proper pre-seasons for Havertz, Ziyech and Werner. Even if they sell Ziyech, they'll likely upgrade Werner. They'll improve.

Liverpool: VVD back, Allison not injured, Henderson back. Their forwards and Henderson age a bit but they'll be more solid.

That's 16 Points from last season that will be more difficult points next season.

I'd expect us to replicate this next bit but also interesting will be: 

Palace (3pts) to become more of a threat when they don't lose Zaha. Plus Lucien Favre allows him and Eze to attack. Wolves (4pts) will be interesting after losing Nuno but Jimenez will be back. 13pts from Relegated sides - Watford and Brentford will be less of a push over than Baggies and Fulham were this year.

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

It's gettable and I do sort of agree but these all improve next year imo:

Arsenal: 2nd in the form table since Gameweek 15. Yes we beat them after this, but they were the second best team through the final 23 games of the season. 

Chelsea: Tuchel full season and proper pre-seasons for Havertz, Ziyech and Werner. Even if they sell Ziyech, they'll likely upgrade Werner. They'll improve.

Liverpool: VVD back, Allison not injured, Henderson back. Their forwards and Henderson age a bit but they'll be more solid.

That's 16 Points from last season that will be more difficult points next season.

I'd expect us to replicate this next bit but also interesting will be: 

Palace (3pts) to become more of a threat when they don't lose Zaha. Plus Lucien Favre allows him and Eze to attack. Wolves (4pts) will be interesting after losing Nuno but Jimenez will be back. 13pts from Relegated sides - Watford and Brentford will be less of a push over than Baggies and Fulham were this year.

I'm not sure anyone will be getting a "proper pre-season" this year! 

Favre has also turned down Palace. It will be interesting to see who they get as that would have been a real coup. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Great news and comes as no suprise.

Fans have been crying out for him to be signed for ages now.

And before anyone starts hitting the 'he won't come here to play 2nd fiddle to Ollie' button, all big teams have a great deal of squad depth.

Adding Tammy to our ranks adds to our strength in depth and shows that we really mean business this season.

We tried to approach him last season but he opted to stay at Chelsea and fight for his place, which is fair enough.

I am so pleased to learn now that we are going back in for him again and looks like we might get our man this time round.

A wonderful signing if we get this one over the line and will only add to the transfer window to remember!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

For me, he's nailed on to go to West Ham. Can't see us making a move, not sure we should either. Priorities are elsewhere imo.

Moyes quoted as saying they don't have the money to spend 40m on Tammy and most likely that could be their whole summer budget.

I can only see us going for him if Jack goes

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

For me, he's nailed on to go to West Ham. Can't see us making a move, not sure we should either. Priorities are elsewhere imo.

Grealish is very big friends with Tammy though *wink wink* 👀

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Great news and comes as no suprise.

Fans have been crying out for him to be signed for ages now.

And before anyone starts hitting the 'he won't come here to play 2nd fiddle to Ollie' button, all big teams have a great deal of squad depth.

Adding Tammy to our ranks adds to our strength in depth and shows that we really mean business this season.

We tried to approach him last season but he opted to stay at Chelsea and fight for his place, which is fair enough.

I am so pleased to learn now that we are going back in for him again and looks like we might get our man this time round.

A wonderful signing if we get this one over the line and will only add to the transfer window to remember!

Is it realthough because if it is he's bound to only strengthen us more and add competition to Watkins and both will try to out do each other.

I don't see any cons for bringing him to Villa but see many positives.

If Tammy also goes elsewhere he will only go ahead and smash tons of goals in.

12 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Grealish is very big friends with Tammy though *wink wink* 👀

17 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Mirror rubbish. All these tabloids do is make stuff up.

13 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

Moyes quoted as saying they don't have the money to spend 40m on Tammy and most likely that could be their whole summer budget.

I think there's every possibility we go for him even if Jack stays.

If our Owners have the coinage available we don't have to sell anyone to buy players.

17 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

Interesting. If they have to sell to buy I wonder if Jared Bowen might be an option? He'd fit the profile of what we need, someone who can play out wide and also fill in at CF when we need it which is how largely he's been played at West Ham and done o.k for them on the whole.