Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Buying tammy for 40 mil shows either the 'we will spend less than 100 mil' is inaccurate, or the press are telling porkies.

Third option (and one that will be believed by opposition fans) will always be that we planned to spend less than £100m until we decided to cash in on Jack and spent that fee.

Which is what will be used between now and deadline day I'd have thought

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John said:

Nice to see us being linked with buying someone else's player again, rather than with selling one of our own by the press.  

Gotta spend that Grealish money somehow😉

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Duvet think he'd take too long to bed in? Would he contribute to clean sheets? 

Not heard of him before. Is he continental? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Brad Young is so likely to get overlooked. When I've seen him he reminds me so much of Vardy it's insane. He needs to be on loan in League One asap as I feel like - if the comparisons to Vardy do ring true, it could really be the making of him playing men's football and proving he can bully senior defenders.

He's been the one I'm most excited by when seeing them play. Barry looked decent but Young just seemed to play like he had the mentality to take the piss out of defenders

Agree.

He looks the closest to being ready IMO.

43 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Depends who we play in midfield, if we signed Bissouma or someone of that ilk then the midfield wouldn’t be overran

Doesn't matter who you sign unless we get a Viera, and Pirlo with legs to find their runs with pinpoint precision. Also if Jack is in behind those two then you need a kante and speedy energetic left back that can cross and beat a man as well as tackle hard. Then even that team will struggle to break down an opponent that drops deep and defends in numbers and doubles up of Jack. Easily cancelled out.

Bissouma is very good, he may even be the new Kante, but he wouldn't be enough. Maybe if we could get De-Bruyne to join Jack in a box 4 in midfield, then a sitting DM alongside Bissouma and then a raiding left back like Ashley Cole.

35 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Third option (and one that will be believed by opposition fans) will always be that we planned to spend less than £100m until we decided to cash in on Jack and spent that fee.

Which is what will be used between now and deadline day I'd have thought

I really like Tammy and will never forget what he did for us but I think we have moved on a bit and the money would probably be better spent elsewhere.

If he does come to the Villa that means Dean has probably given up on big Wes.

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I really like Tammy and will never forget what he did for us but I think we have moved on a bit and the money would probably be better spent elsewhere.

If he does come to the Villa that means Dean has probably given up on big Wes.

I think Tammy is perfect for us at this moment in time.

I'm not sure he's given up on Wes, but we have no clear idea how he will be next season.  I think the end is for Davis.  Yes having Ollie, Tammy and Wes seems like a lot but gives us options and depends where Wes can play as well.  Options are always good and three strikers in a 25 man squad isnt excessive either.

Integrating Tammy into the first requires dropping Watkins and relaxing the press. So not really practical, especially as Ollie is better than Tammy.

Having him as Competition for Ollie means Tammy sitting on the bench alot, which considering he would be leaving Chelsea for first team football won't go down well with him. So not practical for Tammy.

We would have to move on Wesley as he definitely won't be happy if Tammy does come in. So finding him a buyer, a player that hasn't been fully fit for 18 months, with questions over whether he can make it in a top league, means a massive loss. Not practical.

Also Wesley would actually make a good partner for Ollie. As he also press quite well and likes to drop off and link up with midfield. He is also good with his back to goal so long as the ball is kept on the deck. So he would actually be a better option off the bench than Tammy.

So there you have it Tammy! Tammy to Villa simply isn't practical, so won't happen!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Philosopher said:

Integrating Tammy into the first requires dropping Watkins and relaxing the press. So not really practical, especially as Ollie is better than Tammy.

Having him as Competition for Ollie means Tammy sitting on the bench alot, which considering he would be leaving Chelsea for first team football won't go down well with him. So not practical for Tammy.

We would have to move on Wesley as he definitely won't be happy if Tammy does come in. So finding him a buyer, a player that hasn't been fully fit for 18 months, with questions over whether he can make it in a top league, means a massive loss. Not practical.

Also Wesley would actually make a good partner for Ollie. As he also press quite well and likes to drop off and link up with midfield. He is also good with his back to goal so long as the ball is kept on the deck. So he would actually be a better option off the bench than Tammy.

So there you have it Tammy! Tammy to Villa simply isn't practical, so won't happen!

I think it will happen to provide more competition, I understand your points but this isnt a 11 man game it's a squad game and I could list out more points but I'm being lazy and watching the Wales game.  I think it will happen and perfect for us, and appropriate for us trying to have squad depth and options

Just now, nick76 said:

I think Tammy is perfect for us at this moment in time.

I'm not sure he's given up on Wes, but we have no clear idea how he will be next season.  I think the end is for Davis.  Yes having Ollie, Tammy and Wes seems like a lot but gives us options and depends where Wes can play as well.  Options are always good and three strikers in a 25 man squad isnt excessive either.

I agree but I think our best possible front four is Tammy up front, Jack, Beundia and Ollie behind.

That is proper top 6 stuff.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Obviously, he plays in the Italian league, it's a different league, which isnt the same league 😂

Sorry at some point n that comment I should have said ‘out of or league’. My bad.

Just now, rayk said:

I agree but I think our best possible front four is Tammy up front, Jack, Beundia and Ollie behind.

That is proper top 6 stuff.

At this stage I'm not bothered about fixing players into positions, it's about a squad game and giving us options going into the season.  As the season starts and we see how the players that we have and have brought are working together then I'll worry about who goes where but at this point it's giving us options  because we have players that can play a number of positions and we need players that gives us options.

4 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

No it doesn’t lol. Move him out wide like Sadio Mane at Liverpool. Played wide under DS at Brentford whilst Maupay was there.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think it will happen to provide more competition, I understand your points but this isnt a 11 man game it's a squad game and I could list out more points but I'm being lazy and watching the Wales game.  I think it will happen and perfect for us, and appropriate for us trying to have squad depth and options

I mean, if we're just buying players because we need squad depth and options there's probably loads of players that fit that description and would cost a lot less than Tammy.

• Like 4