Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

6 minutes ago, allani said:

But can they offer him this?  Skip the first minute.  But this happens to very few players.

This is exactly how we should be selling staying to Jack (as well as paying him handsomely and continuing to try to build around him). He'll probably play more Champions League games at Man City and win more trophies, but they'll never mean as much as they would here and the fans will never love him as much as we do. He'll be a cog in a machine instead of his boyhood club's greatest legend.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

This is exactly how we should be selling staying to Jack (as well as paying him handsomely and continuing to try to build around him). He'll probably play more Champions League games at Man City and win more trophies, but they'll never mean as much as they would here and the fans will never love him as much as we do. He'll be a cog in a machine instead of his boyhood club's greatest legend.

Offer to retire his number. 

42 minutes ago, Rolta said:

How many clubs could realistically afford his fee and wages now? I'd imagine in both scenarios it would be the same 2/3.

So are we definitely ruling out Arsenal then? 

• Haha 1

If we really are serious about keeping Jack, this thread is gonna be TASTYYYYY for the next month or two! 

Buendia and Young. Only Buendia is exciting but you can understand Young coming back. 

If we are serious about Europe we still need to spend another 80-100m in my opinion on top of Jack's new crazy wage which could be 1m a month. 

DCM, LW/CAM.  I would expect them to be around 30-40m each. 

Still need a CB and possibly a 2nd GK. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

If we really are serious about keeping Jack, this thread is gonna be TASTYYYYY for the next month or two! 

Buendia and Young. Only Buendia is exciting but you can understand Young coming back. 

If we are serious about Europe we still need to spend another 80-100m in my opinion on top of Jack's new crazy wage which could be 1m a month. 

I agree. We need to impress him.

As others have said, this window is going to be even more interesting now to see just how we intend to convince Grealish that he'd be crazy to leave.

If we can bring in a CDM, plus Smith Rowe and Alvarez I think that should do it. Then just a CB either on loan or a young player with lots of potential.

We've been linked to Neco Williams but we don't really need another full-back at this point, and especially not a RB given our squad options.

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

Jack could conceivably take a home team discount on wages if the club promise to bring in a few more elite players. 

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

5 or 6 clubs, I'm assuming you arent including abroad?  Maybe some dodgy thing by broke RM or Barca who seem to only getting in free transfers or PSG, not even sure what dodgy thing they are doing.  In terms of the PL, Man U are struggling to buy Sancho for two seasons for 75-80m.  Chelsea could but would they.  Klopp has already said that Liverpool cant, I'm sure there are reasons for that and even Man City are struggling having to sell some players if they spend that amount for a fee.  I struggle to get close to 5 or 6 clubs mate

Man City, chelsea, man utd ( they will spend as they know the marketing potential of grealish) Liverpool if they sell salah, psg, AC Milan RM Barca who again know that he will pay for himself marketing wise despite not having any money.

If grealish was put out for sale at the moment all those clubs would be after him. His wages of 125k would be bettered and he would still be cheap wage wise compared to some of the players at those clubs, but having to up his pay to 300k all of a sudden makes less sense from a financial point.

Just my opinion though, and hopefully he stays, kicks on again and we finish either top 6 or top 8 and a cup which would keep him here another year.

The club has held up its end of the deal so far in regards to improvements and squad quality and contract so jack can't possibly feel misled or let down.

2 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

That video of Totti: Christ. Powerful stuff.

Football is a fickle old business, but, my word, when it does sentiment, it bloody smashes it. This can be all yours, Jack. 

I still can't get past the 3rd minute before I am in tears too.  I was at the Stadio Olympico last week for the Switzerland game when the giant TV screen zoomed in on Totti sitting in the crowd.  The place erupted with noise.  It was incredible - even with only 25% of capacity in.  He and his family will always be treated like royalty in the city.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Interestingly when the Italian media interviewed Jack the other day - they mentioned that he was compared here with Totti (style, ability to take people on, killer passes, supreme touch, and of course the "one club" legend).  The more people that tell him that he can have that status for life (which is something that almost none of his contemporaries will have) the better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

As others have said, this window is going to be even more interesting now to see just how we intend to convince Grealish that he'd be crazy to leave.

If we can bring in a CDM, plus Smith Rowe and Alvarez I think that should do it. Then just a CB either on loan or a young player with lots of potential.

We've been linked to Neco Williams but we don't really need another full-back at this point, and especially not a RB given our squad options.

We’re not getting Smith-Rowe.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

I think we do need a full back, a young one to cover both sides, Williams would fit the bill

• Like 1