Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’m a massive fan of Abraham, I hope the rumours of the £40m bid are true, imagine Abraham and Watkins up front with Grealish playing off them either as a number 10 or on the wing, yes please. Abraham is a natural born goalscorer for me and he seems to have a great attitude too. Abraham was great for us in The Championship, I think he can do the same in the Premier League

we would have to play 4-4-2 though......not sure Dean wants to do that.....If we went 4-3-3 we would have to have 3 in midfield with far more dominating tendencies.

With ESR seemingly an impossible deal to make I’d like us to target Christoph Baumgartner from Hoffenheim who I’ve mentioned before and has impressed me further during the Euros… 

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Barry would definitely suit the speed merchant criteria.

I do envisage him as more of a Wide forward in the future though. Just a shame he isn't really physically there yet.

I always think JV in football you have to have either speed, physical power, or a brain box of a football brain......if you have none, it going to be a hard slog to make any mark.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, pete101 said:

Surprised we haven't been linked with damsgaard , looks quilty for the Danes 

I would Think, Johan Lange will be well versed with that.

4 minutes ago, John said:

Nice to see us being linked with buying someone else's player again, rather than with selling one of our own by the press.  

but John.....Jack is media gold dust....He is the pin up boy of English Football, whether we like it or not.....its like having George Best ( not saying he is as good, by the way,) in terms of profile.....everyone wants him in their team, not just Man City.

We just have to ride the storm, 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, TRO said:

We need a different striker a speed merchant like Gabby or Vardy to stretch teams and  stop defenders coming in to midfield to over load us.....we need variety.

Ollie is good at what he does, we don't need the same, we need a quick thinking, slick, fleet footed striker with a good first touch, a young Aguero type.

Louie Barry/Brad Young, is probably the answer, but a tad too young IMV......They need a bit more maturing.

Brad Young is so likely to get overlooked. When I've seen him he reminds me so much of Vardy it's insane. He needs to be on loan in League One asap as I feel like - if the comparisons to Vardy do ring true, it could really be the making of him playing men's football and proving he can bully senior defenders.

He's been the one I'm most excited by when seeing them play. Barry looked decent but Young just seemed to play like he had the mentality to take the piss out of defenders

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Brad Young is so likely to get overlooked. When I've seen him he reminds me so much of Vardy it's insane. He needs to be on loan in League One asap as I feel like - if the comparisons to Vardy do ring true, it could really be the making of him playing men's football and proving he can bully senior defenders.

He's been the one I'm most excited by when seeing them play. Barry looked decent but Young just seemed to play like he had the mentality to take the piss out of defenders

He also reminds me of David Speedie and Craig Bellamy.

53 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’m a massive fan of Abraham, I hope the rumours of the £40m bid are true, imagine Abraham and Watkins up front with Grealish playing off them either as a number 10 or on the wing, yes please. Abraham is a natural born goalscorer for me and he seems to have a great attitude too. Abraham was great for us in The Championship, I think he can do the same in the Premier League

Midfield gets completely overrun and the strikers hardly ever see the ball. I don’t think Tammy is the right forward to play with Watkins. They would both want to run behind and neither one are cut out to drop off. They would both be looking to run in behind leaving massive gaps between Midfield and attack. 

Normally with a front 2 one is a 10 type striker or a target man and the other is a quick, running in behind and into the channels.

Wesley and Watkins would be a better partnership.

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Great news and comes as no suprise.

Fans have been crying out for him to be signed for ages now.

And before anyone starts hitting the 'he won't come here to play 2nd fiddle to Ollie' button, all big teams have a great deal of squad depth.

Adding Tammy to our ranks adds to our strength in depth and shows that we really mean business this season.

We tried to approach him last season but he opted to stay at Chelsea and fight for his place, which is fair enough.

I am so pleased to learn now that we are going back in for him again and looks like we might get our man this time round.

A wonderful signing if we get this one over the line and will only add to the transfer window to remember!

The Mirror? For real?

Statistically it’s probably less likely to happen now that they’ve said it will.

39 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Yeah I mentioned him a couple times during the season, think he'd be a great signing. Not 100% the finished article yet but a really interesting player. Been steady progress during the season for Sampdoria.

After this transfer he'll be impossible to get so it's now or never.

58 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Duvet think he'd take too long to bed in? Would he contribute to clean sheets? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

we would have to play 4-4-2 though......not sure Dean wants to do that.....If we went 4-3-3 we would have to have 3 in midfield with far more dominating tendencies.

TRO, I think you’re right but Abraham won’t come here to sit on the bench 

47 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Midfield gets completely overrun and the strikers hardly ever see the ball. I don’t think Tammy is the right forward to play with Watkins. They would both want to run behind and neither one are cut out to drop off. They would both be looking to run in behind leaving massive gaps between Midfield and attack. 

Normally with a front 2 one is a 10 type striker or a target man and the other is a quick, running in behind and into the channels.

Wesley and Watkins would be a better partnership.

Depends who we play in midfield, if we signed Bissouma or someone of that ilk then the midfield wouldn’t be overran

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

TRO, I think you’re right but Abraham won’t come here to sit on the bench 

The next step requires 2 players pushing each other in every position mate. If we do get someone like Tammy they have to come here knowing that as it stands it’s Ollie’s position to lose and they both need to earn their start. With cup games each player would get plenty of game time too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

but John.....Jack is media gold dust....He is the pin up boy of English Football, whether we like it or not.....its like having George Best ( not saying he is as good, by the way,) in terms of profile.....everyone wants him in their team, not just Man City.

We just have to ride the storm, 

It's a wild ride though isn't it? I do think it will turn out OK in The End though....

Riders on the Storm: The Doors' Darkest Moment - YouTube

• Like 1