Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

29 minutes ago, av1 said:

My surname is Rowe so I guess it would be good (and cheap) to put his name on my boys next shirt.

Get it done Villa 🤣

avone Rowe.....its unusual, I will grant you that.😀

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

mentioned as above

Before he got a run of games with Arsenal, he was someone I was looking at that could be a good signing. And who knows with Arsenal and their transfer dealings

2 years left on his current deal , cant see them entertaining any offers this summer

• Like 2

Just now, pete101 said:

2 years left on his current deal , cant see them entertaining any offers this summer

For me that's the only reason I can see why they would sell him, even if the chance is slim to none. If Arsenal feel his contract demands are too much, or can't guarantee the game time he wants, they might decide to cash in as there's no guarantee his stock will be as high next summer, similar to the Martinez situation last summer. It's not likely imo, as he's still young and I can't see Arsenal not wanting to tie him down, but they've made some **** dumb decisions before so who knows.

Then again, Man City showed their intent by taking Arsenal's brightest players every season, maybe we're just following their blueprint :D

• Like 3

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

I assume it’s Italian? Pronounced “ah-vo-nay” 

we better stop it....its probably Fred or Bert really.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

Dean says he doesn't want to stock pile players.

BMH will look like "Henry Taronis" (scrap cars piled high) yard, the rate we are linked with players.

13 minutes ago, pete101 said:

yeah was a little shocked to see the link, but then again with the way Arsenal have been run recently it isn't that much. They don't have any European games next season and already have a relatively big squad. Plus wanting to add Buendia & bring back Ødegaard. They were in talks to extend his contract but who knows at this point.

Don't think it happens anyways but its funny to ruffle the arsenal fans on social media

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Smith Rowe is a key player for Arsenal. 

This one ain't happening 

They need to sell to buy. He won’t be in the manager’s immediate plans. He only has two years left on his contract. As last summer proved Arsenal are Purslow’s bitches when it comes to negotiation. I would say it’s absolutely possible.

6 hours ago, Dave-R said:

If all were going for in what the media is throwing about then I will be massively dissapointed to be fair.

Were trying to reach a new level and in doing so I don't think any of these media signings will take us to that level.

We want to reach new heights then with what Purslow said in his interview and that two or three signings will be coming in. If the Owners make available 150 mill up then I'd expect some level signings if what the so called big six are pulling in to put next to Grealish. If I were Grealish this season is be expecting proper real quality signing. Fans are back then we need some quality coming in that can make the crowd Gush in what has been a rough year or so, I think the Owners will want to treat us with some wow get of your ass factor players.

Maybe it's just me but I don't think any of these media news signings are going to be joining us and if that's the case thank god, because my mind is set in much much better coming into the club.

I can only hope.

We're not going to spend 150m on half a new team. We're not signing majority of rumoured players mentioned so far "or what you consider better players". The club isn't run to appease Grealish and he's not going anywhere soon. You need to calm down and trust the process

As I don't really watch football outside of Aston Villa anymore, where I used to watch up to a half dozen matches a week as well as highlights, I have little to add, but thought I'd add this:

Out of contract in 2021: Football's best free agents at the end of the season

https://www.goal.com/en-au/lists/out-of-contract-2021-footballs-best-free-agents/1nwbdklr8ibxe10i1083xahae0

I expect the Smith Rowe link is probably leverage for Buendia if anything. A gentle threat that we will come for another of your players if you try to steal Buendia out from under us.

It's a pretty sound logic too - ESR is ready for more Prem football but he'll get very little in that Arsenal team if they sign Buendia on top of what they already have.

3 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Jack  Rowe Buendia interchanging would be an absolute nightmare for any team to cope with.

Sign Buendia from under Ars's nose then knick Smith-Rowe off them, oh, how sweet that would be.

They would totally shit the bed! 

*Keegan love it gift here*

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Look there is a 23 man squad.

And right now we only have 

Martinez, Steer

Cash, Guilbert

Mings, Konsa, Engels, Hause

Targett

Luiz, McGinn, Sanson, Nakamba, (Ramsey doesn't count towards squad place)

Grealish, Traore, El Ghazi, (Trezeguet - probably won't be in the squad to start the year)

Watkins, Wesley, KD

That's 19 players (I have a suspicion I missed one but can't be sure). There is a good chance engels is gone given we haven't seen him in 18 months so what 18 players, 19 with a fully fit Trez. That leaves 4-5 players to be signed more if they are age 21 or less at the start of the season.

Give me 2 wingers, play jack as a CAM, and get me a DM for our first 11 changes.

Then LB, CB, GK as depth. Ideally one of the wingers and the LB are young and don't count towards the squad limit. 

Largely agree. I think most people are not factoring in the fact that we are probably losing 6 squad first team squad members - Heaton, Elmo, Taylor, Barkley, Trez and, as you say probably, Engels.  At least four of these have to be replaced just to standstill and that has to drive a certain level of business.  You have added in a DCM and GK.  I would agree with the former but think Steer is a decent enough no. 2 keeper subject to concerns about his injury record.

Personally, I would also:

• sell Nakamba if you are brining in a DCM.  I think he will have decent value as he has put in decent performances but is not good enough in possession for us to move forward and I would prefer to keep a tight squad/seeing Dougie as back up/competition here. 
  • like to see Olise come in, as (1) I think he potentially represents really good value and (2) he gives us cover for ACM/LW and creativity from the bench.  I would personally sell AEG to fund this - he will have value given his goalscoring stats but, for me, is the wing equivalent of Hourihane. 
  • get Ramsey and Davis, at a minimum, out on loan in the championship playing week in week out.
  • consider no. "9" cover, but this really depends upon what we decide to with Wes.

A lot of people on here talking about integrating some of the youngsters and I can absolutely see this, particularly with, say, Carney, but, whilst a number should be in and around the first team squad and getting bench time and possibly minutes here and there, I don't see any of them as in that 12-22 second choice position - I think they are just too young to be first choice back up at this point.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Largely agree. I think most people are not factoring in the fact that we are probably losing 6 squad first team squad members - Heaton, Elmo, Taylor, Barkley, Trez and, as you say probably, Engels.  At least four of these have to be replaced just to standstill and that has to drive a certain level of business.  You have added in a DCM and GK.  I would agree with the former but think Steer is a decent enough no. 2 keeper subject to concerns about his injury record.

Personally, I would also:

• sell Nakamba if you are brining in a DCM.  I think he will have decent value as he has put in decent performances but is not good enough in possession for us to move forward and I would prefer to keep a tight squad/seeing Dougie as back up/competition here. 
  • like to see Olise come in, as (1) I think he potentially represents really good value and (2) he gives us cover for ACM/LW and creativity from the bench.  I would personally sell AEG to fund this - he will have value given his goalscoring stats but, for me, is the wing equivalent of Hourihane. 
  • get Ramsey and Davis, at a minimum, out on loan in the championship playing week in week out.
  • consider no. "9" cover, but this really depends upon what we decide to with Wes.

A lot of people on here talking about integrating some of the youngsters and I can absolutely see this, particularly with, say, Carney, but, whilst a number should be in and around the first team squad and getting bench time and possibly minutes here and there, I don't see any of them as in that 12-22 second choice position - I think they are just too young to be first choice back up at this point.

An extra goal keeper is mainly because of steers injury concerns.

I don't mind getting another DM and keeping Nakamba especially if the benches remain 9 players he's useful to throw on to defend a lead.

I also agree Ramsey and Davis should go out on loan. We don't have the minutes available to play them but they need minutes to develop.

But all in all we need what 2-3 first team players and then 3-5 backups depending on the other decisions we take this window. 

8 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

sell Nakamba if you are brining in a DCM.  I think he will have decent value as he has put in decent performances but is not good enough in possession for us to move forward and I would prefer to keep a tight squad/seeing Dougie as back up/competition here. 

I'll keep posting it. Nakamba played 6 full games. We won 5 drew 1 including wins over Arsenal Leeds Spurs Chelsea 

The reason he didn't play more I'm convinced is Smith doesn't want to play out and out DCM unless vs certain opponents, injuries etc. 

We have Sanson McGinn Luiz (plus Ramsey and possibly Carney etc) for double pivot or will sign more attacking player for more middle 3 in 433 formation (Buendia has played that role for Norwich) 

Nothing wrong with Nakamba as squad player for everything I've stated above and don't think we're in for DCM.

• Like 2