Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, Kbdrum88 said:

or knowing we have money are they just ensuring we don't get him for free, considering our longstanding and unwavering well known evident desire to bring Benteke back at all cost 🤔

Futurama Reaction GIF

Kadeem Hardison Tbh GIF by NETFLIX

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

I'm 100% confident we have already enquired about our targets and contacts have been made with clubs. We would have made judgements based on the previous campaign.

Hence, we must be in the process of 'trying to sign' players, but these discussions and negotiations take weeks. 

I think our club is way past 11th hour 'Will Grigg' to Sunderland type of deals.

Thank God for that. 

Agree I think we have a short list, have already made some sort of enquiry either to the agent or club and will thrash it out over the coming weeks.

Still feel there will be a surge of youtube hits many times until the start of the season though 😁

@MaVilla

You forgot one,  check NewsNow:-

"Get him in" or "Shoot him"

"No brainers says source close to Villa has no brain"

"5 players Villa HAVE to buy this summer or last"

"Dead player makes this comment about Man utd link"

"4 word answer to a 3 word clue,  so and so breaks silence"

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

@MaVilla

You forgot one,  check NewsNow:-

"Get him in" or "Shoot him"

"No brainers says source close to Villa has no brain"

"5 players Villa HAVE to buy this summer or last"

"Dead player makes this comment about Man utd link"

"4 word answer to a 3 word clue,  so and so breaks silence"

Every pathetic Birmingham mail attempt to get you to click on their click bait cancer of a website.

All the former players being quoted who have no inside knowledge whatsoever

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Do we think we are going to try and sign plsyers before or after the euros?

My guess is they will wait until after. 

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I think he will be like Matt Le Tissier...Club for life.

Jack is a big fish, with us, with Owners who have the wherewithal to build around him. Jack is an icon at Villa and has a say, his opinion is valued and he is revered by the crowd.

Aston Villa will gradually fulfil Jacks Dreams....The clubs who are all clamouring for Jack, have their own issues, why should he join clubs with issues, when we seem to have a clear pathway to the promised land.

Jacks patience will pay dividends, because many stars will want to join him and Ollie and Carney and Louie and Emi.

We are on the up, where the sneaky 6 have issues of desperation to maintain their status.

I see all pathways leading to Villa for Jack........I couldn't have had that confidence 5-10 years ago.

I think if he shines at the Euros and gets the global recognition that he likely desires and isn't currently getting, it bodes well for Villa as long as we keep making progress.

• Like 3

The forecasts seem to be that there won't be much transfer business done before August, and even there won't be much activity. Also there might be more swap deals than usual as clubs try to find new ways to strengthen without having to spend money.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I hung out with Emile Smith-Rowe's sister once, so I am all for it. 

Any particular part of you hanging out?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

I think if he shines at the Euros and gets the global recognition that he likely desires and isn't currently getting, it bodes well for Villa as long as we keep making progress.

We will, these owners, won't have it any other way.

2 hours ago, KangarooVillan said:

I really dislike people using spending £40m as the benchmark for moving forward.

£40m doesn’t guarantee anything, just sign good players, I don’t care how much they cost.

Neither does anyone else, that is just what they tend to cost when proven.

• Like 1

I expect some people will be watching the Argentina v Chile WC Qualifier tonight (or more likely the highlights tomorrow) to see if Martinez plays and perhaps Buendia too.

One name I would also keep an eye on to see if he gets any minutes is Julian Alvarez. 20 year old wide forward/winger for River Plate who has been called up to the full National side for these set of qualifiers. Would be the kind of speculative signing for a talented youngster that I would like us to see us have a go at. His contract is up next year so I can see River cashing in this summer. With Emi and possibly Buendia at the team, we would be a very good environment for a young Argentinian to join in to (although he has already played in Europe - at Real Madrid as a youngster).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KangarooVillan said:

I really dislike people using spending £40m as the benchmark for moving forward.

£40m doesn’t guarantee anything, just sign good players, I don’t care how much they cost.

Newcastle United Goal GIF by Newcastle United Football Club

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Kbdrum88 said:

or knowing we have money are they just ensuring we don't get him for free, considering our longstanding and unwavering well known evident desire to bring Benteke back at all cost 🤔

Futurama Reaction GIF

making the deal as we speak

Aston Villa confirm Keith Wyness' exit as chief executive pursues legal  action against Championship club - Irish Mirror Online

• Haha 1