Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

We got more than £10m for James Milner but that was eleven years ago our owners won't be able to continue pumping in money forever that's why there's so much work being done to improve our academy already I think the emergence of Chukwuemeka and Philogene-Bidace means we won't sign any midfielders this summer and probably just the one winger

16 minutes ago, useless said:

I say we won't sign any midfielders, I wouldn't be surprised if we signed Maitland-Niles as he can also fill in at right back and left back.

Have you mentioned this to Gareth Southgate ??

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

We got more than £10m for James Milner but that was eleven years ago our owners won't be able to continue pumping in money forever that's why there's so much work being done to improve our academy already I think the emergence of Chukwuemeka and Philogene-Bidace means we won't sign any midfielders this summer and probably just the one winger

Whilst I agree completely that the academy is being primed to supply us with a conveyor belt of talent, we aren't in a place whereby we can rely on this system yet. Especially to bolster the first team. 

I think that that the likelyhood of several players out this current crop making it long term at Villa is remote at best. I think the reality is however, that we produce players that resale elsewhere for high value. Every now and again we get a gem like with Jack or maybe Chukky. You look at any of the top teams, very few home growns come through and stay in. They generally come through get a sniff and then get moved on for profit. I think if we can get 2 out the current crop long term we will have done excellently. I'd love to see more but it very rarely happens.

Chukky and Barry imo look the most ready to step up. 

22 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Get Karl Pilkington in to play up front as well, he scored a goal once by accident. More than some of our players have done in the past. 

Gettin chased by a load of bees

• Like 1

Aaron Ramsey, Kesler, and Philogene-Bidace, Bogard, and Chrisene all have a chance, Ramsey was just as impressive as Chukwuemeka before his injury, in some games even more so.

Edit: Some of the others have a chance too, just those are the ones that seem the more likely, but sometimes it's the ones that are least expected to by fans that go on to have the better careers.

Edited by useless

5 hours ago, Awol said:

Was interested to see if this was right and apparently he’s on £93.5k per week

Vinicius Junior salary

Less than Barkley? We can afford that. 

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The live salary counter on that at the bottom " Since you have been reading this article, Vinicius Junior has earned xxx " made me feel like shite.

Off to do some work!

EDIT: He earned about 40 euros in the time I wasted to look at the article.

He earned about 120 euros while i was looking at  Maria Julia lower down the page 😉😁😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Hause was a LB when we signed him though I prefer him as CB cover and would be happy with more mobile LB cover

I didn't think he was.  I thought he was definitely a CB (in his Wolves days) but we did deploy him as cover at left back at times and he looked okay there in the championship (better than Taylor imho) - probably the best whipped in crosser we had when he played at LB??

Mings was a LB when he joined, however, but we converted him to CB.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

We're being linked to Smith Rowe by the Telegraph.

Arsenal would be mad to sell him

The saka stuff where we half jest about going for him (I think it's in jest anyway...) and it never happening, give ESR a full season where he has the opportunity rather than a fancy foreigner on loan who plays every week despite not being interested and he'll be considered the same

I already think it's very very unlikely but give him another year and it'll be absolutely not a chance 

31 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Whilst I agree completely that the academy is being primed to supply us with a conveyor belt of talent, we aren't in a place whereby we can rely on this system yet. Especially to bolster the first team. 

I think that that the likelyhood of several players out this current crop making it long term at Villa is remote at best. I think the reality is however, that we produce players that resale elsewhere for high value. Every now and again we get a gem like with Jack or maybe Chukky. You look at any of the top teams, very few home growns come through and stay in. They generally come through get a sniff and then get moved on for profit. I think if we can get 2 out the current crop long term we will have done excellently. I'd love to see more but it very rarely happens.

Chukky and Barry imo look the most ready to step up. 

Agree with you in general, but maybe more than 2 this time? Raikhy & Chrisene look promising…

Is Smith Rowe more of a box to box midfielder like the Barkley role or is he more a creative attacking player? I must admit I don’t remember seeing much of him this season.

Edited by alreadyexists