Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

10 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

It’s a great thing until you get to an age where you become the banker and get regular visits not only from your own kids but your parents too!! I believe it’s called payback!

Oh No....I'm the banker alright.....but they fail in the rules of paying back.

They just think " Love will keep us together".....I hear a song coming on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Oh No....I'm the banker alright.....but they fail in the rules of paying back.

They just think " Love will keep us together".....I hear a song coming on.

Love will tear us apart... again

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Awol said:

Funny thing is because the Telegraph started it the Heil and others are all reprinting it, which is whipping them up even more.

On a serious note, the kid looks like a real talent but Transfermarkt has him contracted until 30th June 2023. Why the big fuss now about him not having a new deal yet? 

If we were ever to try raiding them it would have to be for Saka. Their owners are probably dumb enough to sell for the right price. 

Great talent Imo.

I think Bellingham is developing in to a top player too.....was we ever in for him?

10 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I'm 100% confident we have already enquired about our targets and contacts have been made with clubs. We would have made judgements based on the previous campaign.

Hence, we must be in the process of 'trying to sign' players, but these discussions and negotiations take weeks. 

I think our club is way past 11th hour 'Will Grigg' to Sunderland type of deals.

Thank God for that. 

but until 9th June, we can't complete anything.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

but until 9th June, we can't complete anything.

No, but the I'm sure Lange and the guys are busy doing work rather than chilling on a holiday. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think he will be like Matt Le Tissier...Club for life.

Jack is a big fish, with us, with Owners who have the wherewithal to build around him. Jack is an icon at Villa and has a say, his opinion is valued and he is revered by the crowd.

Aston Villa will gradually fulfil Jacks Dreams....The clubs who are all clamouring for Jack, have their own issues, why should he join clubs with issues, when we seem to have a clear pathway to the promised land.

Jacks patience will pay dividends, because many stars will want to join him and Ollie and Carney and Louie and Emi.

We are on the up, where the sneaky 6 have issues of desperation to maintain their status.

I see all pathways leading to Villa for Jack........I couldn't have had that confidence 5-10 years ago.

First two lines are what I'm hoping as well. but then you drifted off a bit.

Yes, other clubs have their issues, but right now the promised land is playing for titles and european spots. we may have a path to it, but ManU, ManC, Chelsea,... they are already there even if they have issues. Spurs and Arsenal have big issues and are struggling, but they still are a bigger name for players right now.

Stars wanting to join Ollie (good player, with still room for improvement, but not sure he will reach Kane status), Carney and Louie (they could be great, they could be the next Fonz, Green or Hepburn-Murphy)?? One can hope and dream, but that is not something to keep Jack here today as it is not the case today and there are no guarantees this will be in a year or two

27 minutes ago, TRO said:

Great talent Imo.

I think Bellingham is developing in to a top player too.....was we ever in for him?

He comes from a long line of Noses, as well as having played for them. I guess he was as interested in signing for us, as his "club" were in selling him to us, so we didn't bother looking seriously at him (I think Newton Heath were first in line, if he was considering remaining in England as well). 

Edited by John

41 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I think our club is way past 11th hour 'Will Grigg' to Sunderland type of deals.

I can't remember the year (DE Time).

We had 100's of pages on here for that window and we ended up with 1 loan player who was totally ****.

Rubbish days.

Explained: The truth behind Aston Villa transfer talk surrounding Arsenal star Emile Smith Rowe - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)

Aston Villa have not enquired about Arsenal's creative star Emile Smith Rowe, BirminghamLive can announce.

The transfer rumour was full of more shite than Birmingham Live usually are, so fair play.

1 hour ago, ThornburyVilla said:

No......but probably a terribly underwhelming one.  United wonder what on earth they bought him for, and no one seems to understand or know how or where is meant to play!

To be honest, I reckon these types of signings are right up our ally, based on our record.

Give him a home, a role, and love.

Quality is surely there.

" Underwhelming " would hopefully mean a good price as they would want to get rid. I've mentioned him before.

32 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

No, but the I'm sure Lange and the guys are busy doing work rather than chilling on a holiday. 

Oh Yeah.....I would imagine they have deals requiring just the rubber stamp.

I think Dean said they started preliminary work on this summer after the Jan window closed.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is my Birthday, funnily enough. Let's see what Villa have lined up for me!

Happy Birthday, for then, If I forget.

I would think, it will be a bumper present in the T market.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I think Dean said they started preliminary work on this summer after the Jan window closed.

Being safe,  relatively early in the season, surely provided a huge boost to our transfer planning.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Being safe,  relatively early in the season, surely provided a huge boost to our transfer planning.

It seems we like doing things early now, follows football logic......quite the opposite to MON, who went in at the last hour, which follows economical logic....trouble is there were no worms left, the early bird had them all.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

If that's true, and we do sign one or two we need immediately on the 9th, can you remember a time when we have been better run than this?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

If that's true, and we do sign one or two we need immediately on the 9th, can you remember a time when we have been better run than this?

Nope.

pinch me.....and I have 60 years to call on.

• Haha 1