Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

4 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Can't believe Chris Wood is getting a Villa talk love in! Unbelievable the last type of CF I ever want to see at Aston Villa what a step backwards that would be. Sort of signing that would would make Jack say **** this I'm off to a team that want's to play football.

It's not that surprising - you see some posts that are all about pashun and four-four-fakhin-two tbf

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Look, we're not signing Chris Wood, its a hypothetical discussion amongst a group of fans on a transfer window thread. 

But to say he's a "dinosaur" and "dogshit" when the guy has single-handedly carried a team on a shoestring budget for 4 seasons scoring nearly 50 premier league goals in 120 appearances is just a stupid comment. Burnley play the way they have to play to survive and have employed it much more succesfully than a number of "pretty" teams that have gone down in the seasons they have stayed up.

People already haven't taken anything you've said seriously, and comments like those won't help your case. 

Chris Wood is a dinosaur and is dogshit and I do not want to see the likes of him in a Villa shirt any time soon, sorry if you you don't like that but I'm not here for the likes 😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Going to be a long tough summer for some folk seemingly by looking at this thread. Chris Wood. Ffs seriously? Whatever his merits, and he does have some, do you really think this is a likely target this summer?

We’ve spent the best part of 12 months building a scouting and analytical department and you think Chris Woods is going to be a target? Surely everything the club has done and said for 2+ years now should tell you this isn’t really very likely.

Literally no one said that

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Can't believe Chris Wood is getting a Villa talk love in! Unbelievable the last type of CF I ever want to see at Aston Villa what a step backwards that would be. Sort of signing that would would make Jack say **** this I'm off to a team that want's to play football.

Not necessarily him. I just like a nippy winger and big CF who can head the ball........it's an age thing I suppose.

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Going to be a long tough summer for some folk seemingly by looking at this thread. Chris Wood. Ffs seriously? Whatever his merits, and he does have some, do you really think this is a likely target this summer?

We’ve spent the best part of 12 months building a scouting and analytical department and you think Chris Woods is going to be a target? Surely everything the club has done and said for 2+ years now should tell you this isn’t really very likely.

Agree.

I think he is a good player. But unless he fell into VP for a bargain price - it isn't happening.

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Chris Wood?

200.gif

Here's a question if you have a sec - have you looked at/got an opinion of Javi Puado of Espanyol?

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Not necessarily him. I just like a nippy winger and big CF who can head the ball........it's an age thing I suppose.

Not many big CF around these days particularly at the top level in the PL, without googling Kane comes to mind and he's only 6'1 Ollie is only 5'11 no issues with Ollie at all.

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Just saw a hilarious tweet from Football Insider claiming we are going to be bidding £30-£40m for Chris Wood from Burnley. Can we blacklist this source?

Sounds like an AV source leaking a bullsh*t story, putting pressure on Chelsea, intimating that we could go elsewhere.

11 minutes ago, hippo said:

21 year old Kyle Hudkins (Solihull Moors) is a big Centre Forward he's 6ft 9"

Edited by Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Not many big CF around these days particularly at the top level in the PL, without googling Kane comes to mind and he's only 6'1 Ollie is only 5'11 no issues with Ollie at all.

Tammy is 6ft 2.5inches

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Jimenez @ Wolves is the only one I can think of. 

49 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

His age is Irrelevent his style of play is totally at odds to this Villa team, sorry if you can't see that.

Listen, I don't care about his style of play. You referred to a 29 year old as a dinosaur.

As a man in his 30s, I have reported you to the Crown Prosecution Service.

37 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

We’ve spent the best part of 12 months building a scouting and analytical department and you think Chris Woods is going to be a target? 

Trying to work a joke about Chris Wood being a target man here but it's just not working.

• Like 3