Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Is Smith Rowe more of a box to box midfielder like the Barkley role or is he more a creative attacking player? I must admit I don’t remember seeing much of him this season.

He’s a creative attacking midfielder that says Jack Grealish is his idol and also likes to wear his socks low. He’s been brilliant in some games but did v little against us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We should tell Arsenal that they can have a clear run at Buendia if we can sign Smith-Rowe. Then once he’s been for a look round BMH and signed with us we can tell them to duck off and take Buendia too. 
Tonight Show Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

We should tell Arsenal that they can have a clear run at Buendia if we can sign Smith-Rowe. Then once he’s been for a look round BMH and signed with us we can tell them to duck off and take Buendia too. 
Tonight Show Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

If we’re in the timeline where Arsenal are relieved in August that we signed their targets but left their prospects then I’m getting a subscription to AFTV. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I would see ESR as an odd move because I don’t think Carney is that far behind him if at all. 

Think it’s rubbish.

He’s miles ahead of Carney, regardless of good Carney becomes. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I would see ESR as an odd move because I don’t think Carney is that far behind him if at all. 

Think it’s rubbish.

Carney has a long way to go yet - he's 3 years younger and hasn't started a full game yet. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, useless said:

We're being linked to Smith Rowe by the Telegraph.

My surname is Rowe so I guess it would be good (and cheap) to put his name on my boys next shirt.

Get it done Villa 🤣

18 hours ago, useless said:

We shouldn't go in for Neves he's one of the most overrated players in the league and no better than Luiz.

I remember the win at VP in their Championship winning season where Jack, playing as an "8", absolutely tore Neves to shreds.  I think his blood must still be twisted now. 

He is a neat and tidy footballer but, for me from what I have seen, is a slightly better version of Hourihane - great shot (score of worldies) but not enough energy/mobility nor impact on the game elsewhere.

Seems like a good plan if we're going to test Arsenal's resolve on some of their young players. Given their lack of CL and how hard it would be to shift the big earners they're going to have to sell a few to balance the books.

17 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah he's fine for number 2. Odd aswell considering that Wolves game he did his ACL he started and Nyland was on the bench so was number 2 going into our first prem season and now not considered good enough for that role if these reports are true. Unless he's asked to leave which could well be possible.

I'd be fine with him in the early rounds of the cups which is all he'll be playing up to January as long as Martinez stays fit and perhaps then get another keeper in that window. From what I saw of Gazziniga playing for Spurs and some of his loan spells he's not better than Steer.

Romero would be better pick up but would be expensive number two.

I wouldn't disagree with your assessment but the main comment from most who say he is not suitable as a no. 2 is not his ability but his robustness??

1 hour ago, useless said:

We got more than £10m for James Milner but that was eleven years ago our owners won't be able to continue pumping in money forever that's why there's so much work being done to improve our academy already I think the emergence of Chukwuemeka and Philogene-Bidace means we won't sign any midfielders this summer and probably just the one winger

I agree that the academy is important for the future. We don’t want to be reliant on rich owners forever, sustainability is the key to the future. 

Hopefully though NSWE stay for a long time and continue to invest. The amount of money they have means that continued investment isn’t a problem to them in affordability terms but they recognise the importance of self sufficiency. Even if they go out in wooden boxes, they won’t live forever but Aston Villa will never die. Their money has been and will continue to be important but their real gift and legacy will be the reinvention of us as a modern progressive and most of all successful football club. Happy days. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Is Smith Rowe more of a box to box midfielder like the Barkley role or is he more a creative attacking player? I must admit I don’t remember seeing much of him this season.

A very good player IMO.

bit of a link man, I would say........Good feet, and vision.... wise head on young shoulders.

I would have him and Saka, all day long.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1