Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 minutes ago, Paulie said:

If we are able to beat out Arsenal + Leeds and swing Buendia the rest of what happens this window is gravy.

We looked like a finely tuned machine when Barkley was firing at the #10 spot.  Our ball retention, carrying, chance creation, and pressing will all be improved with Buendia there.

Are you suggesting Buendia will be coming in as a No 10?

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

for the right price he would be a good back up to Ollie

Back up for Ollie, are you serious? Mate they are polar opposites in the way they play. Going to give this discussion a miss as I really think you are trolling. Chris wood should never ever wear a Villa shirt he's a dinosaur from a bygone age! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Back up for Ollie, are you serious? Mate they are polar opposites in the way they play. Going to give this discussion a miss as I really think you are trolling. Chris wood should never ever wear a Villa shirt he's a dinosaur from a bygone age! 

He is 29 years old.

19 minutes ago, Paulie said:

If we are able to beat out Arsenal + Leeds and swing Buendia the rest of what happens this window is gravy.

We looked like a finely tuned machine when Barkley was firing at the #10 spot.  Our ball retention, carrying, chance creation, and pressing will all be improved with Buendia there.

Are Leeds after him as well?

My worry would be the obvious, the Bielsa/Argentina connection.

Hoping our Emi pulls more weight and is working over time.

Pros for us:

- Emi is also Argentinian and plays for us

- Emi played for Arsenal, and can make up a few horror stories to turn him off ( White lies )

- They both have the same agent ( Emi and Emi ), that is.

Hoping we have enough to sway it.

26 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

2 wingers is a must this summer. That is clearly the priority.

Yes, these as the new first team starters with back up at LB and CB. If Wes goes then a back up striker too. 

Anything beyond that is likely to be a target of opportunity offering value too good to pass up. 

Two top class wide forwards will push is on hugely, imo. Buendia plus another one. 

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Why would Gollini go from Champions League starter to Villa backup goalkeeper? 

Was probs trying to be funny, without realizing Gollini has become a top keeper since leaving us. lol

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

a relic of a bygone age at 29

wonder what he says about them relics Messi, Ronaldo, Lewandowski and Aguero

Haha relic in how he plays and you know it. That is not how I want this team to set up 4-4 2 hoofball! No thanks.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Rough with the smooth, whoscored is a Villa fan and could be accused of adding a little bit on to villa players when declaring them the best in europe 

Football Insider definitely is not a Villa fan! He's edging towards sounding like a bitter nose at times 

Whoscored ratings are high due to lack of substitutes which means more time to add to their scores. 

6 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Haha relic in how he plays and you know it. That is not how I want this team to set up 4-4 2 hoofball! No thanks.

You realise that its the manager who sets the team up and not Chris Wood right?

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

You realise that its the manager who sets the team up and not Chris Wood right?

The manager employs the right players for how he wants to set up - You understand that right?

7 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Oh for a wide player beating a fully back and putting a cross onto a CFs head !!

None of this farting about sideways at walking pace  malarkey 

Just now, hippo said:

Oh for a wide player beating a fully back and putting a cross onto a CFs head !!

None of this farting about sideways at walking pace  malarkey 

Can't believe Chris Wood is getting a Villa talk love in! Unbelievable the last type of CF I ever want to see at Aston Villa what a step backwards that would be. Sort of signing that would would make Jack say **** this I'm off to a team that want's to play football.

Just now, zab6359 said:

Can't believe Chris Wood is getting a Villa talk love in! Unbelievable the last type of CF I ever want to see at Aston Villa what a step backwards that would be. Sort of signing that would would make Jack say **** this I'm off to a team that want's to play football.

Passionate

• Like 1