Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

9 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

But arguably Citeh are the one club that could do this/have enough quality/rotation to rest someone like Jack regularly whilst still having paid £100m for him??

I don’t think so.  

Could they spend 100m+ plus on a player? Yeah sure

Do they have the rotation to see players only 60% games? Of course

But buying a player for 100m+ knowing they’ll only play 60% games is a whole different game.  

Given their record buy is 67m as well, the quality they already have the answer to your question is they could I assume do what you say but would they if they assumed he was only fit 60% of season, I’m not sure.

I think if he ended up going it would be on assumption that Man City would believe he would be fit most of the season.

I think given their needs I don’t think they’ll be after him seriously especially at our likely price and his injury record.

10 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

Sawiris in particular has fantastic wealth ($36bn for his family) 

I keep seeing this posted, but I'm struggling to understand the relevance. 

Do you have a shared bank account with your siblings and parents? If you had a business partner with less wealth would your family be happy you spending their money for your business partners benefit? Because there's no way the shareholding is set up in a way Nassef can indiscriminately invest and dilute Wes. 

30 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Do you have a shared bank account with your siblings and parents?

Sometimes I feel like I spend far more at family outings or expenses than other family members, does that count? 😂

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Would De Beek be a unrealistic target?

If he leaves it will only be on loan, and probably abroad somewhere. Any loan we do should be with an option to buy.

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

As mentioned previously, stop thinking of it as spend, its an investment on assets and a club that is now worth more.

The sale of Grealish, mcginn, Watkins mings and Konsa would cover their outlay, whilst the clubs value will have increased 4x due to sustained PL status. 

Only Kallinic and Sammatta would lose money should they be sold tomorrow. 

If NSWE were to walk away tomorrow they will have MADE money. 

That would have been like Prince Phillip walking away from the Queen, when he was alive.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I keep seeing this posted, but I'm struggling to understand the relevance. 

Do you have a shared bank account with your siblings and parents? If you had a business partner with less wealth would your family be happy you spending their money for your business partners benefit? Because there's no way the shareholding is set up in a way Nassef can indiscriminately invest and dilute Wes. 

Bank of "Mom & Dad" is one of the most popularly used Banks in the world.

9 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

At least Benteke’s new 2-year deal at Palace ends any discussions on whether or not we should bring him back.

or knowing we have money are they just ensuring we don't get him for free, considering our longstanding and unwavering well known evident desire to bring Benteke back at all cost 🤔

Futurama Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Please if you're up there superman, please just make this happen. The Arsenal fans reactions would be phenomenal to witness.

I don't think I'd stop watching the moment the news broke on Arsenal tv!

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

Bank of "Mom & Dad" is one of the most popularly used Banks in the world.

It’s a great thing until you get to an age where you become the banker and get regular visits not only from your own kids but your parents too!! I believe it’s called payback!

23 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Please if you're up there superman, please just make this happen. The Arsenal fans reactions would be phenomenal to witness.

Funny thing is because the Telegraph started it the Heil and others are all reprinting it, which is whipping them up even more.

On a serious note, the kid looks like a real talent but Transfermarkt has him contracted until 30th June 2023. Why the big fuss now about him not having a new deal yet? 

If we were ever to try raiding them it would have to be for Saka. Their owners are probably dumb enough to sell for the right price. 

5 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Do we think we are going to try and sign plsyers before or after the euros?

I'm 100% confident we have already enquired about our targets and contacts have been made with clubs. We would have made judgements based on the previous campaign.

Hence, we must be in the process of 'trying to sign' players, but these discussions and negotiations take weeks. 

I think our club is way past 11th hour 'Will Grigg' to Sunderland type of deals.

Thank God for that. 

• Like 1