Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

If we were offered £40m for El Ghazi and Wesley, essentially two squad players, then I think we'd be tempted to take it, as our state of the art scouting department will back themselves to find replacements at a fraction of the cost.

7 minutes ago, useless said:

If we were offered £40m for El Ghazi and Wesley, essentially two squad players, then I think we'd be tempted to take it, as our state of the art scouting department will back themselves to find replacements at a fraction of the cost.

I know AEG has his limitations but he was our second top scorer last season. However in the great scheme of things that’s our money back on Wesley and £20m on top for AEG. So yes I’d take the money under our current set up. 

£40m for El Ghazi and Wesley isn't that outrageous, Wolves got £20m for each of Costa and Caveleiro and El Ghazi has easily outperformed both of those two so he should be £20m plus at least, after that it doesn't take much for Wesley to take it to £40m.

We're gong have to get better at selling players at some point and have to accept that as we get better as a team it will follow that the players we sell won't always be bad players as such, the top clubs sell decent players all the time.

The next person that mentions CHRIS WOOD or MILOT RASHICA or CHRISTIAN BENTEKE will be summarily executed in JULIE B'S basement at 9pm tomorrow morning

Edited by OLDVILLAIN
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, useless said:

In the last ten years Benteke, Young and Downing are the only three players we've sold for £10m plus.

That’s because up until recently we’ve bought players at the end of their careers or just plain rubbish. Couple that with not making the most of our best youngsters and it’s hardly surprising I suppose that we’ve had so little return. We’ve been a right shambles really. 

We’re a different animal though now and you’re right we will get better at selling players. As you say we’ll be selling better players but also as a more successful club, players leaving us will look better prospects than when they come from clubs in relegation battles. 

Just a thought, we surely got more than £10m for James Milner? 

8 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

The next person that mentions CHRIS WOOD or MILOT RASHICA or CHRISTIAN BENTEKE will be summarily executed in JULIE B'S basement at 9pm tomorrow morning

So Chris Wood is chatting to Milot Rashica and in walks Christian Benteke......

• Like 1
  • Haha 3