Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

31 minutes ago, sne said:

They are on their way to be knocked out of the CL qualification by Benfica. The return game is on the 24th so after that they might be up for selling him. Not before thou I'd imagine.

He’s a big lad, that would certainly keep a few posters in here happy. Looks good too. (YouTube ITK). 

6 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Been away from all news for a few days. Can't be bothered reading through hundreds of pages. What's the word on here now? Are we being linked with anyone? Any Twitter rumours? Or nothing much?

Nothing..just JWP is gonna cost £50m

18 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Been away from all news for a few days. Can't be bothered reading through hundreds of pages. What's the word on here now? Are we being linked with anyone? Any Twitter rumours? Or nothing much?

Will Hughes, collywobble reckons we should sign that Newcastle winger for 70 million 

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It actually WAS a " Yeah, no " when I listened to be fair.

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

If they ever do another Vicar of Dibsey special, Dean would be a shoe in for Jim Trott. 

Was actually thinking more...

Yeah But No But Yeah GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 3

I do think we will get Will Hughes if Hourihane goes, he’ll improve the squad and push Dougie hard or allow us to move Luiz forwards if required. The left side feels somewhat short of the necessary quality but I’m guessing they have faith in JPB to step up, and with Young, Watkins and El Ghazi we do have enough options… And if only there was a player available whose versatility meant they could cover both CB & DM and getable this summer at a reduced price🤔

What I guess we also need to bear in mind, is that we may have targets lined up dependent on their club getting a replacement in beforehand and with money so tight across the big leagues I expect lots of deals will be struck in the days leading to the window slamming shut. Don’t think we will go big again, but one can hope ! 

Edited by thabucks

The American, redeemed by Schalke 04 only last March after the excellent performances in his first season in Turin, has received more than one offer from abroad. The Juventus club is evaluating them and would not consider it non-transferable. 

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/juventus-mckennie-offerte-calciomercato-news-19-agosto-2021

Villa, please GTF In!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, OhioVilla said:

McKinnie really struggled at Juventus, not sure he's ready or able to play at a big club.

I think he totally could make it in the Prem. He can defend and score and think would be a very good signing.

If we are (and it’s a big if) putting all of our eggs in the JWP basket then that is total madness. He is not the type of midfield player that we do desperately need, you have to pay an English premium, a long contract premium and a my club do not want to sell premium! Add to that the fact that we will never be able to recover much of the transfer fee and the deal makes even less sense! I also think that he is almost the exact same player as Sanson but with a set piece boost.

I genuinely hope that we don’t do this deal. The crazy thing is, there seems to be several, much more suitable deals, to be done. If (another big if) we could sign Sarr and Doukoure for the same price as JWP then we should just do it. They are both young incredible football players who are tailor made for English football. Both their values will increase significantly in time. 
If it’s JWP or nothing, then it’s nothing for me. Play 4-3-3 for the season and see where it takes us. Keep the money in the bank until the right player becomes available. Southampton have a massive chance of getting relegated. If they do, JWP will be available for £20m next summer.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Signing JWP would be great but I’m still waiting for the club to unearth that gem for 5-10m. 

I’m not saying that it’s in any way easy to do that, but I was under the impression when hiring McKenzie that we’d spend big but then throw in a couple of gems from abroad that would turn into the next Kante/Mahrez.

I really hope we can shift Nakamba, El Ghazi, Wesley and Hourihane before the window shuts and bring in a couple of central midfielders. 

Yep; it does feel that due to squad size and existing numbers in CM we are waiting to move people on before adding. DS referenced ‘good numbers’ intimating that outgoings are needed for additions to be made. 

Edited by eholm

5 hours ago, OhioVilla said:

McKinnie really struggled at Juventus, not sure he's ready or able to play at a big club.

Yes but he performed well at Schalke, a club with expectations beyond its current (at the time) status. If he can perform at a club like that then he should fit in at...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thabucks said:

I do think we will get Will Hughes if Hourihane goes, he’ll improve the squad and push Dougie hard or allow us to move Luiz forwards if required. The left side feels somewhat short of the necessary quality but I’m guessing they have faith in JPB to step up, and with Young, Watkins and El Ghazi 

Not wishing to be critical but young Watkins and el ghazi as options on the left are not acceptable for me given the quality we had on the left last year. Granted I imagine Bailey will play out there most of the time but those other options are not really options for me, they are the kind of options that end up in the result we got on Saturday 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Yes but he performed well at Schalke, a club with expectations beyond its current (at the time) status. If he can perform at a club like that then he should fit in at...

Rumour was he knocked us back to go to Juve, and we’ve since signed Sanson. Would still like him here but apart from goal contributions he doesn’t offer more (statistically) than the players we already have - less in most cases. 

Seems a bit pointless at the moment. 

23 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

came to say the same, "didnt perform well at a big club" not only implies that we're still a "big club" which may come as a shock to some but that we're a bigger club than schalke which may come as a shock to a few more

his problem at juventus was that they never really needed him and they've bought someone else first chance they got to probably now try and sell him at a profit

• Like 2