Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

The owners, the board, management will have set their sights on Europe this season theres no two ways about it, fans will have mixed opinions, the ones less ambitious will say anywhere between 9th-12th and those that see the vision and where we should be aiming will say 6th-9th, as of now that all seems far too cloudy due to to so many changes in the team and how they will work with each other and also whats missing. 

ill be the first to admit i didn’t want Dean Smith when first appointed however he has become my favourite manager in my time as a supporter and I’m not fickle even when things were going really bad in that goal line technology season i still didn’t call for his head, i like how he speaks and how honest he is and also his approach and tactical mentality, now and then he gets it wrong with selection and what not (i.e watford game) but his philosophy remains the same and its exciting. Seen some of our best football ever under him , been watching since 98 so those older would have seen better of course. Any manager that beats jurgen Klopp 7-2 i cannot question or doubt what they can achieve for a club

Edited by RicRic
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Seeing reports to Weston Mckinnie 😬 well i didnt think he was even available and i doubt he would drop down to us, but if we can sign him pay whatever necessary because he's an excellent player

Weston-super-McKinnie. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I imagine Sanson was the alternative for McKennie. 

Don't crush our dreams like that. Can't McKennie become the alternative to Ward Prowse instead?

Edited by RichiBoi11

I just realised our owners have not yet had to reach into their own pockets this summer so surely we can spend another £50M-£60M, splash 30-40 on Mckennie and try pluck a CM from europe with whats left much cheaper option than a CM based in the UK divisions 

8 minutes ago, Tayls said:

And I think a good alternative as well... we just need to wait a little bit longer to see it. 

I thought they played different positions i.e Mckennie would play in Luiz role and Sanson plays in Mcginns role, correct me if im wrong 

Just now, RicRic said:

I thought they played different positions i.e Mckennie would play in Luiz role and Sanson plays in Mcginns role, correct me if im wrong 

McKennie and Sanson very similar--box to box midfielders, great stamina and work rate. 

Just now, RicRic said:

Personally I thought McKennie was box to box rather than a DM. Sanson, I’m not sure about box to box, but certainly more attack minded. 

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Personally I thought McKennie was box to box rather than a DM. Sanson, I’m not sure about box to box, but certainly more attack minded. 

Exactly. McKennie would compete with Sanson and McGinn, not Luiz. Meaning we sign another midfielder without addressing the defensive midfield problem.  

I’d hope for JWP, Doucoure and then Damsgaard in that order before McKennie even got a look in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I see both sides, and have stated as much myself.

We won't have to crap ourselves every season/summer with " Oh no, if we don't make Europe and sign elite players, he will be off this summer "

However, the other reality is, if we don't have decent increments of improvement each season, most of our best players, will become headband.

I don't want that at all, I want us to be able to grow with a team and players, I don't like high turnover. Yes football is a business, but being a high level Brentford or Southampton at their peak does not interest me. ( I could contradict myself by saying Leicester have done this well )

We also need to be weary that Football is ever evolving, other clubs are improving, and might even get taken over by other ambitious owners.

So it's a catch 22, we need to improve as quickly as.possible, without being reckless. I couldn't stomach another Lerner/Man City scenario.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Tayls said:

And I think a good alternative as well... we just need to wait a little bit longer to see it. 

Either that or he is Mathieu Berson MKII.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Seeing reports to Weston Mckinnie 😬 well i didnt think he was even available and i doubt he would drop down to us, but if we can sign him pay whatever necessary because he's an excellent player

I had to Google him as never heard of him… but good enough for Juventus… good enough for me!