Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

Rumour was he knocked us back to go to Juve, and we’ve since signed Sanson. Would still like him here but apart from goal contributions he doesn’t offer more (statistically) than the players we already have - less in most cases. 

Seems a bit pointless at the moment. 

I mean knocking us back to go to Juve is perfectly understandable. If we're signing a midfielder in this window and both him and Ward Prowse are available then I'd prefer McKennie.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, villaglint said:

If that’s him struggling I’m here for a good season.

Probably nowt in it but if the rumours we were interested previously are true who knows. Can see him going to pay for Locatelli. 

1:55 to 2:00 in this video. My God Morata. Just what was that?

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

We turned down Ronaldo. ESR is still desperate to come here. Arsenal sold us Emi to part fund Ramsdale. Damsgaard has been mentioned, so has JWP occasionally.  @nick76 and @Dave-R are on their way to Rome. That's it.

non capisco l'inglese 😂
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

We turned down Ronaldo. ESR is still desperate to come here. Arsenal sold us Emi to part fund Ramsdale. Damsgaard has been mentioned, so has JWP occasionally.  @nick76 and @Dave-R are on their way to Rome. That's it.

Can you do an update post every morning, will save so much time 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Salad said:

Any chance could get Weston on a loan with an option to buy? We have anyone at all Juve would want in a swap?

Maybe Luiz?(Yes I think Weston is better)

Loan with option to buy would be perfect. Pretty sure Juve don't want to bring add any more squad players like Luiz since they are already bloated with a massive wage bill 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

My post is as as close as any no brain football journalist has got to what's going on.

I'll will report again tomorrow Zatman. 

Your sources are better than some trained journos

12 hours ago, WHY said:

Waiting a season or 2 in the PL doesn’t really work. What happens if Arsenal, Spurs, Everton, West Ham, Leeds get stronger. We are on these coat tails atm and often in life time waits for no man. We have to strike whilst the iron is hot imo.  I’m not saying break the bank for JWP either,  as I agree, he’s too pricey. Just think we need to strengthen in midfield or we could easily lose the momentum we’ve built over the last few seasons. We might not be so attractive to incoming players in 2 years time and our better players might start getting their heads turned!

This way of thinking confuses me so much. Seriously, there seems to be this idea that football is over this year.

Leeds were in the championship 2 years ago. West Ham barely survived a couple of years ago. Everton have spent millions to build over the last few years. There's always going to be different teams fighting for those top spots. Wolves were there not long back, Southampton have had their moments. 

Where has the lack of patience come from? We haven't been a consistent midtable team since MON left. Why don't we try and achieve that before we panic that we'll never achieve anything if we don't spent another £50 million on one player this summer. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

This way of thinking confuses me so much. Seriously, there seems to be this idea that football is over this year.

Leeds were in the championship 2 years ago. West Ham barely survived a couple of years ago. Everton have spent millions to build over the last few years. There's always going to be different teams fighting for those top spots. Wolves were there not long back, Southampton have had their moments. 

Where has the lack of patience come from? We haven't been a consistent midtable team since MON left. Why don't we try and achieve that before we panic that we'll never achieve anything if we don't spent another £50 million on one player this summer. 

Because if you stand still you go backwards. For every season we can't reach the top teams they will be even harder to catch up.