Ross Barkley

LondonLax

Think the weakness for him is he's not great against a high press, was easily nulified by Leeds and Southampton and gave ball away for one of the Leeds goals.

But brilliant at Arsenal and those games with space to run into against slow midfields is the sort of game he can massively impact on.

I think we need to sign him regardless just to show to neutrals we're serious about being a top club again packed full with current internationals. Barkley was regularly starting for England a year ago so he's not far off that bracket.

• Like 1

On 24/12/2020 at 18:12, MaVilla said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55244478

Ross Barkley: 'A natural talent & comparisons to Ballack' - is it now or never for midfielder?

Interesting article on the BBC about Barkley.

Please tell me im not the only one who saw Ballsack on initial quick scroll?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Send him back to Chelsea in January?

Bring in Alli or Lingard to replace him on loan.

Currently paying his wages for nothing, 7 games without him now.

I would keep him, gives something. He should be good to go in january, som I do not support that

2 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Send him back to Chelsea in January?

Bring in Alli or Lingard to replace him on loan.

Currently paying his wages for nothing, 7 games without him now.

Not Sure If Serious... - UK Muppets

Tbf I was kinda expecting/fearing him to be out injured a lot when we signed him due to him not being a regular for a few seasons but Lingard? Jesse Lingard? Think I rather have Drinkwater back than J-Lingz.

Games are going to come thick and fast for us in particular given the City and Newcastle backlog and we've performed well enough in his absence that Smith obviously thinks it's worth giving him and extra few days rest. No need to get completely carried away. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

Games are going to come thick and fast for us in particular given the City and Newcastle backlog and we've performed well enough in his absence that Smith obviously thinks it's worth giving him and extra few days rest. No need to get completely carried away. 

But he isn't even on the bench in place of someone like hourihane. And he would no doubt be much better to bring on if we need to get a goal. 

17 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Is his injury record a reason not to buy him?

Honestly yes. But it depends on how much he would cost and how much we have to spend. I would not break the bank for him, talented as he might be.

16 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Something not adding up here, we keep hearing that hes just missed out or wasnt risked, he only actually started training this week. 

all I can think is that it's us trying to plant doubt into opposition managers minds?

very strange, agreed. He can't even play against Chelsea so if he was close surely he'd have been on the bench over Ramsey at the very least. COVID?

2 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

all I can think is that it's us trying to plant doubt into opposition managers minds?

very strange, agreed. He can't even play against Chelsea so if he was close surely he'd have been on the bench over Ramsey at the very least. COVID?

My guess is Dean doesn’t see the point in changing a winning team for one game. He’s been out for a few games and only started training this week, so an extra few days in the great scheme of things may be the best option. If we win all will be well, if we don’t I’m sure the usual suspects will scream their apoplectic rage from the ramparts of their keyboards. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

My guess is Dean doesn’t see the point in changing a winning team for one game. He’s been out for a few games and only started training this week, so an extra few days in the great scheme of things may be the best option. If we win all will be well, if we don’t I’m sure the usual suspects will scream their apoplectic rage from the ramparts of their keyboards. 

Not even worthy of a place on the bench?

Â