Ross Barkley

LondonLax

24 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

The thing is Chelsea will have us over a barrel if they know we want him badly. On my fifa career I managed to convert the loan into permanent for a cool 12 mil. Fifa has foretold reality for me before do let's hope it does again! 

Genuinely think we will have to break out transfer record again to sign him permanently. I hope we do!

37 minutes ago, yayoboy said:

Genuinely think we will have to break out transfer record again to sign him permanently. I hope we do!

Not if he’s injured more than he plays.

No one will want to touch him, and we should get a cut price deal - if we’d want it that is.

I think its a no brainer. £25-30m should do it, Chelsea double their money for someone who is rarely part of their plans. Other clubs will be interested at that price but I think he’s caught the Villa bug and is enjoying his football again knowing he’s a key member of the team.

He is a top talent, and the sort of calibre of player needed to keep Jack believing in the ambition of the club (not to mention their friendship). Not necessarily in January but definitely at the end of season once he proves he wont keep picking up injuries. Really exciting times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

Let's see how the season pans out. If he gets injured again this season we have to move on. We can't afford to blow £25-30m on injury prone players. 

I agree with this. I think Ross would cost too much in overall terms (fee, wages and depreciation) to be worthy of the investment. I would rather we spent the same amount on a 21 year old Ross Barkley. We seem to have much better judgment of players now and I would back us to uncover some real value in younger players. 

17 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I agree with this. I think Ross would cost too much in overall terms (fee, wages and depreciation) to be worthy of the investment. I would rather we spent the same amount on a 21 year old Ross Barkley. We seem to have much better judgment of players now and I would back us to uncover some real value in younger players. 

Michael Olise just turned 19 plays for Reading 4 goals and 7 assists in the equivalent of 16 games worth of minutes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, paul514 said:

Michael Olise just turned 19 plays for Reading 4 goals and 7 assists in the equivalent of 16 games worth of minutes.

This would be my no.1 target for this window.

The boy is utter class and fits our model exactly; he would be happy to get top half premier league experience off the bench at the moment and has a potential ceiling as high as Barkley. 

• Like 1

How much of his £100k/w salary are we picking up, is 50% correct? Would be lovely if it was performance based.

Not in the squad again today. 7 straight games out now (8 if you count the one he got injured in and only played a couple mins).

• Like 1

Â