Ross Barkley

LondonLax

right not playing again.  for me that's final straw.  I don't care how good a player he could be there's no point having a player that can only play 1 game in 3.  send him back to sit on chelsea's injury table and look elsewhere.  definitely do not buy him outright would be a massive mistake unless he's prepared to take a pay as you play deal.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tezzaleed said:

right not playing again.  for me that's final straw.  I don't care how good a player he could be there's no point having a player that can only play 1 game in 3.  send him back to sit on chelsea's injury table and look elsewhere.  definitely do not buy him outright would be a massive mistake unless he's prepared to take a pay as you play deal.

Bloody hell he aint Jack Wilshere

chances are he comes back fresh NYD against Utd and stays injury free for the rest of the season. Then we can make a decision on him. Hamstrings are a nightmare and our coaching staff will make the right calls. 

6 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Not even worthy of a place on the bench?

That would be the halfway house option but as posted above he’s perhaps not quite there and coming on only to do his hamstring again wasn’t deemed to be a risk worth taking. 

£100k/week is a massive amount to pay for someone who isn't playing. But on the bright side he's already played more minutes (455 vs 263) and performed 100% better than our Chelsea loan we paid a similar wage to and had last season in Drinkwater.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I hope Deano felt that we didnt need him and we had enough to beat our recent opponents. Surprised he wasnt on the bench.

I think it made sense. He can't play on Monday so better not to bring him into the team and post hamstring injury the last thing he needs to be doing is sitting getting cold on the bench.

Sensible player management in my opinion he now has extra time to fully recover, rushing players back too quickly only results in more absence.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I think it made sense. He can't play on Monday so better not to bring him into the team and post hamstring injury the last thing he needs to be doing is sitting getting cold on the bench.

Sensible player management in my opinion he now has extra time to fully recover, rushing players back too quickly only results in more absence.

Exactly. How would it look to player that misses out unbeaten lately knowing that Barkley can't play next game. Hammies are tricky and not worth risking for 1 game in isolation

• Like 1

its good that when he's back in the new year, that others have performed well and he will need to work to get back in the side.

Its a good thing to have, he was a quality signing and im sure he will play his part through the season.

He must also be happy to see that he made the right choice in joining us.

I think in Jan or summer, we need to either purchase Barkley, or we will need an equally high profile signing in his place, we need a quality squad.

1 hour ago, dounavilla said:

Seems to have removed any affiliation to Chelsea on his twitter 🤔

Really??

Are you working us up there be consequences if he doesnt sign now.

Like a pie in the face.

58 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

its good that when he's back in the new year, that others have performed well and he will need to work to get back in the side.

Its a good thing to have, he was a quality signing and im sure he will play his part through the season.

He must also be happy to see that he made the right choice in joining us.

I think in Jan or summer, we need to either purchase Barkley, or we will need an equally high profile signing in his place, we need a quality squad.

I think hes one of the many reasons why our lads are playing the way they are. You have a guy like him join the club very unexpectedly who is friends with Jack and the good vibes go through the roof. Then there is also the fact they know hes pure quality that some of the lads know they have to work extra hard to keep him out the team. I expect him to get straight back in and reclaim his first place because hes another like Grealish who sees things very differently on the pitch to others who play his role.

Â