Ross Barkley

LondonLax

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Ill one up an unpopular opinion and say Id rather gauge him over 60 - 75 percent of the season before I make any commitments

We don't know what could happen between now and summer and who could or couldn't be available. Injury situations etc.

As Villa fans I think we seriously pull triggers too quickly both on writing players off and proclaiming them the next coming of god.

Absolutely bang on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We need him back even more now we have no Cash or Luiz..

Am dying  to see Barkley back because if we had him today I do think we'd of won by a proper goal and not a penalty. 

Edited by Dave-R

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

We need him back even more now we have no Cash or Luiz..

Am dying  to see Barkley back because if we had him today I do think we'd of won by a proper goal and not a penalty. 

No need to rush him back.

We aren't in any danger whatsoever this season.

13 hours ago, villalad21 said:

No need to rush him back.

We aren't in any danger whatsoever this season.

If were losing games without Barkley then yes there is an urgent need to bring him back. We may not be in dangerous of going down at the moment but Barkley is part of a plan,  we have no real depth in midfield. By losing him we have lost games and lost a certain tactical edge as much as finding goals. Barkley and his passing I believe is what is giving us a more stable midfield, losing him is a massive blow we can not afford. However we look at yesterday's win, we were fortunate to actually get a penalty in the dying seconds, apart from that we didnt really pressure Wolves defence much. Personally I'd rather get Barkley back as quick as possible if hes recovered right, I think since Barkley has been out we have gone back to relying on Grealish way to much and attacking the left way to much as well, which is going to make us more obvious. I'd also say Watkins has struggled to get on the ball more since Barkley has been out, Watkins is doing good for what he receives but Barkley passes through the centre to him and we dont just service down one flank. 

Hope in January we actually buy a couple of midfielders and a winger and possibly a striker. Yes Guilbert can come in for Cash and Nakamba for Luiz now weve lost them for a little bit but depth with quality is needed now, If Watkins gets took out we are in big trouble. Barkley as become a major player for us, Ramsey in all fairness I thought did amazing but you can still feel a void left by Barkleys absence because truth is not to many a player do play like Barkley.

He'd have made a huge difference tonight, no way would his shooting have been as bad as AEG.

Was hoping he'd be involved given he's back in training, hopefully we see him on Sunday although not sure playing a WBA who'll just sit deep will be better game for him than tonight.

16 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Wait... what?

not unreasonable that ross has just passed a fitness test but ross himself maybe didn't feel completely ready for a match. I mean it#s pure speculation. Maybe he could have got through the game with an injection or whatever and he wants to play it safe. Not a criticism meant of either club or player if that was the case. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Rodders said:

not unreasonable that ross has just passed a fitness test but ross himself maybe didn't feel completely ready for a match. I mean it's pure speculation. Maybe he could have got through the game with an injection or whatever and he wants to play it safe. Not a criticism meant of either club or player if that was the case. 

I didn't understand what it was based in as I heard the interview and there was no hint given that he was declared fit for Burnley. Reading it again, I understand where Chris got his wires crossed. 

When he said "should be back now" it was in reference to the West Brom game. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I didn't understand what it was based in as I heard the interview and there was no hint given that he was declared fit for Burnley. Reading it again, I understand where Chris got his wires crossed. 

When he said "should be back now" it was in reference to the West Brom game. 

Let's hope we see him today then!

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 14:54, HanoiVillan said:

Let's hope he's back for the next one. We miss him massively IMO.

I think jack misses him too, mainly for his first touch....its that quality, that helps us move the ball quicker.

• Like 1

Â