Ross Barkley

LondonLax

He hasnt played since 21st November and even then that was about 4 minutes. No way he should start straightaway, we need to learn from past mistakes like rushing McGinn back. I also cant imagine Chelsea be happy if we did that

• Like 4

11 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Traore only played 45 mins against Palace. Neither he nor AEG have played loads of games this season. Think they can both handle another start.

Only players who look in need of a rest IMO are Watkins and Grealish, but that isn't going to happen.

Get through Friday and they can both have two weeks off.

51 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Get through Friday and they can both have two weeks off.

Yep exactly my point - I meant they won't be rested from a PL fixture.

I also agree with earlier post saying Watkins has an unreal engine, but nobody can play at 100% in back to back 90 min fixtures in 48 hours. There is always some degree of performance drop off.

• Like 1

On 29/12/2020 at 17:08, Rightdm00 said:

Well that tweet has me counting down the days til ManU. I want him back in the middle with Jack out wide. I dare Ole to play a CB at right back again. 

**** it I DOUBLE dare him!

I just realized that might be Axel, I hope it happens. It will be bittersweet watching him get roasted by Jack and Ross for 65 mins before the enforced change :D 

Edited by Steero113
  • Haha 1

Ironically, we have a worse record with Barkley than without.

With Barkley in the team, we are at won 3, lost 3.

Without Barkley in the team we are won 5, drawn 2, lost 1.

Edited by MaVilla

39 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Anyone else reckon we have been able to thrash out a deal with Chelsea to convert to a perm signing? 

i would imagine they will want to see how he does over a full season before we consider a permanent deal.

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i would imagine they will want to see how he does over a full season before we consider a permanent deal.

I don't think that's necessary. He isn't a young lad they know exactly the sort of player he is, and though he's only played a few games for us he has settled straight in.

Where we are atm, if you have an opportunity to sign guys like Barkley you do it as soon as you can. 

28 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Oh I dunno... I get why you do that for some players, but not players of Ross’ calibre 

I reckon that it’s partly done anyway, we allowed Chelsea to earn a point the other day... must have been part of an arrangement...

Edited by Tayls

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

I don't think that's necessary. He isn't a young lad they know exactly the sort of player he is, and though he's only played a few games for us he has settled straight in.

Where we are atm, if you have an opportunity to sign guys like Barkley you do it as soon as you can. 

as a rule of thumb i see what you mean, but he has only played 6 games for us, and being injured for 6 games (50% game availability), im just not sure they will take a punt on that in Jan.

Who knows though, maybe they will.

On 29/12/2020 at 12:24, Zatman said:

He hasnt played since 21st November and even then that was about 4 minutes. No way he should start straightaway, we need to learn from past mistakes like rushing McGinn back. I also cant imagine Chelsea be happy if we did that

You make a good point, but a player that hasn't played in 5 weeks is a better bet than a player that's played 3 times in 7 days.

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You make a good point, but a player that hasn't played in 5 weeks is a better bet than a player that's played 3 times in 7 days.

that depends on whether you are powered by meatballs tbh.

If you're Man Utd and an hour before kick off you see Watkins, Grealish, Barkley, El Ghazi, Douglas, McGinn attacking you, you're going to pucker that ring. Without Barkley the impact isn't quite there. I want them terrified.

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Ironically, we have a worse record with Barkley than without.

With Barkley in the team, we are at won 3, lost 3.

Without Barkley in the team we are won 5, drawn 2, lost 1.

That's a really interesting fact. 

I did think we've been doing well without him. Although I did think in the two draws if he was fit we win. 

Does help we have El Ghazi on form. I think we'll see Barkley on the bench. No way is Dean changing this team to fit Barkley in.

Â