Ross Barkley

LondonLax

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Real shame he's been ruled out so early. Means he won't even be training until 12th/13th then.

how have you come to that conclusion ? He could well be back in training on the 10th, but maybe they're sure 2 days won't be enough for him to get back to match fitness?

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

how have you come to that conclusion ? He could well be back in training on the 10th, but maybe they're sure 2 days won't be enough for him to get back to match fitness?

Elmo told me.

No surprise with a hamstring. I reckoned it would be a month when a couple of weeks was first quoted! Dissapointing all the same. Absolutely no excuse not to get something out of the game though. No stupid basic errors please. 

Surprised we have shown Wolves our hand 6 days before the game, Thought a bit of tactical gamesmanship is the norm nowadays?.. 

Unless this is a master ploy of reverse gamesmanship kidology by Smith and Barkley starts! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Farlz said:

Bloody hell was hoping he'd be fit for Wolves. Well that's a massive blow yet again. 

Massive is stretching it, but it's certainly a disappointment - we definitely don't want to see Hourihane starting, in any case. 

On 08/12/2020 at 09:19, Wainy316 said:

My confidence was slowly building for this game but now it's evaporated a bit.

We are absolutely capable of getting a result against Wolves without Ross  it's just that we need to cut out the stupid defensive errors and also somehow ensure Watkins is in the box to score. I reckon Trez might get on the scoresheet too! 

• Like 1

On 09/12/2020 at 13:56, birdman said:

We are absolutely capable of getting a result against Wolves without Ross  it's just that we need to cut out the stupid defensive errors and also somehow ensure Watkins is in the box to score. I reckon Trez might get on the scoresheet too! 

simple as.......

On 08/12/2020 at 03:16, Kingman said:

Surprised we have shown Wolves our hand 6 days before the game, Thought a bit of tactical gamesmanship is the norm nowadays?.. 

Unless this is a master ploy of reverse gamesmanship kidology by Smith and Barkley starts! 

Sure we did this once with either McGinn or Jack,

Cant remember which.

It came as a surprise to us all on match  day though.

• Like 2

Looking at it objectively, Ross has been fantastic in a couple of games, pretty average in a couple more, and now he's out injured. 

Look I don't mean that as a critism,  there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that we should be signing the guy because I think it would be a great signing. So I wonder if given the above, we should go all out to get him him January (even if it means no more signings)  Because the price may be more agreeable than it would if he stays fit and is brilliant for the rest of the season

Edited by av1

2 hours ago, av1 said:

Looking at it objectively, Ross has been fantastic in a couple of games, pretty average in a couple more, and now he's out injured. 

Look I don't mean that as a critism,  there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that we should be signing the guy because I think it would be a great signing. So I wonder if given the above, we should go all out to get him him January (even if it means no more signings)  Because the price may be more agreeable than it would if he stays fit and is brilliant for the rest of the season

If he's available at a reasonable price (30-40m?) I'd pay it.  Over 40m I think it's not worth it, even in this climate of hyper inflated prices. 

Â