Ross Barkley

LondonLax

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

The contrast in those performances, is markedly concerning.....Dean needs study why.

In terms of Balance, i think the Leicester result was one of the best.....why can't we initially play like that at home.....and when we secure the initiative, then take the game to them.....why come out all guns blazing at home.

Yes it's frustrating. I think we need to be more patient in our play and also be more intelligent off the ball. There's no need to go desperately looking for that first goal. We played reasonably well against Brighton but the first goal was just a ball over the top which only came about because all of our back four were 60 yards up the pitch. You could say tiredness from international games didn't help but that's exactly why they shouldn't have been so far up the pitch. Against Southampton we gave away three free kicks in the first half in dangerous areas knowing full well Ward Prowse would inflict damage from there. For me that's lack of intelligence rather than having bad defenders (though I'm starting to think a starting CB and full back may be necessary to improve further). 

Two concerns for me are the home form (three losses in a row to midtable sides is certainly not good) and not being able to come back from losing positions. The last time we got anything from a game after going behind was Newcastle away in June and the last time we conceded first and won was against Watford in January. Considering we're capable of putting 7 past Liverpool and 3 past Arsenal this is mystifying and suggests we've got some kind of mental weakness when going a goal down.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair point. I guess after nearly quarter of the season has been played we’ve seen that we along with Leeds and Southampton will compete with most teams and should easily survive relegation. Newcastle on the hand I think will struggle in most games and will be down their come the end of the season. 

Newcastle will stay up purely because there are at least three very poor teams this year who have started woefully (Sheff U, Fulham, Boggies, Burnley), but yes they are not very good. Despite adding some decent players in the summer they don't really look any better this year than last year.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I would too....i like your description of Luiz....he is good player, but many of the things we need doing, he is very up and down....he is ok, when teams we play are open, when the game is tight and we are being squeezed, he become passive or gives fouls away in dangerous areas...there are Brazilians like casemiro or Rafael who are naturally aggressive, but Dougie needs to improve that aspect of his game.

I like Dougie and he is only 22..... he needs to study Ward Prowse and pick up some tips.

I just think he needs to improve in terms of how to dictate with the ball and control the build up. He also needs to fine tune his positioning so he is always there to a; screen the defense an not let runners get behind him. B always be available to receive to an easy pass. It's fine tuning because his game is well rounded.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I just think he needs to improve in terms of how to dictate with the ball and control the build up. He also needs to fine tune his positioning so he is always there to a; screen the defense an not let runners get behind him. B always be available to receive to an easy pass. It's fine tuning because his game is well rounded.

Totally agree.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

I blame it on QAnon, followed by the boogie.

The boogie gets a bad rap I feel. Whereas the sunshine, moonlight and the good times all get off scot-free.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

The boogie gets a bad rap I feel. Whereas the sunshine, moonlight and the good times all get off scot-free.

Not sure that's entirely true about moonlight.  It's known that the bad moon a-rising means trouble on the way, earthquakes and lightnin'

It's not completely blameless. 

Edited by sidcow

2 hours ago, roonst83 said:

Any official update on Ross’s injury?

I think the first we will know is Smith's press conference.

It's good news most probably as I'm sure we would have heard by now if it were serious. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, roonst83 said:

Any official update on Ross’s injury?

having his leg off next monday....

sorry, I could'nt resist it.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

Â