Emiliano Martínez

hippo

He’s not going anywhere, he’ll be here next season and the one after in my opinion. Villa are on the up and we’ll be playing in Europe with a European cup winning manager. He won’t want to miss that. 

His contract means it’s our decision if he leaves - which is why I think this all reeks, he knows how much leverage he has and it doesn’t reconcile with the tone of these reports which make it out to be his decision alone. That said, who’s to say he hasn’t been given the green light by us, big profit here. 

There's something about how quick he can react, almost like he has extra time, like a top batsman in cricket who just has that extra milli-second to make the right decision.  It's as if he knew where Kane was going to aim that chance before he did. Just a top class keeper.

I think this season before the World Cup I was touch and go whether we should cash in as while I rated him highly we could possibly benefit from a sale.

I think since the World Cup he's been in pretty hot form and I'm not sure we could replace him with the same or better standard. It would be one amazing purchase If we did. I'm not sure I can name a keeper that wouldn't have a similar premium to Martinez that comes close to him. Martinez himself proves its possible to do but it's hard.

Sky have made a mistake giving him only a 6 rating today while giving all other Villa players 7, 8 or 9. What?! Presumably for Kane's penalty, yeah but what about his great save v Kane at 1-0??? Without that we wouldn't have got the 3 points today.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

He knows whats going on at Villa....He isn't daft.

He has spent years trying to prove himself, at Arsenal, only to be doubted,  overlooked and gaslighted.

He isn't going back to that darkness, when he has found the light.

He is muched loved at Villa, and his International career, which is paramount to him, has flourished, as a result....That is precious to him.

He has a nice little family community with the other, south american team mates, to keep their families happy.....what is there not to like?

Sure Money turns heads, but he will be heavily paid with us, Villa know they have to compete with predators.

Its hard to find happiness in football, despite the huge tempting sums.......Emi has repeatedly, broached this subject , about leaving and told many media folk, that he is happy where he is......I believe him.

Aston Villa are bound to be targetted, for their players now, that they have found a formula for winning games.....don't under estimate our owners to send they away with a flea in their ear.

Aston Villa will ony sell players now, that suit them.

This. The club has let him play his international games without limitation often at the cost of the club. He’s friendly with the rest of the South American contingent and is backed by the fans. 

If Madrid comes calling for 100m, what can you do but not to Chelsea for 20m.

8 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Emery and his coaching staff are elevating him to a whole new level his feet and quickness off the line sweeping is excellent.

It's true, he has become a better player this year with his sweeping and distribution adding to his already exceptional shotstopping and command of the box.

He is truly elite. Like a few players, needs a better chant.

If he does leave it will be to one of the truly elite teams competing for the top trophies (Real, PSG, City, Liverpool etc).  And none of them need a keeper, so I doubt he'll be going anywhere.

Â