Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Yeah sometimes I wonder that keepers like Emi are so good at their jobs that they just become 'replaceable.' 

He's a WC winner and a natural shot stopper, elite penalty stopper, not to mention the literal best in the premier league at claiming crosses.

We should entertain high offers for him but let's not pretend it won't be a downgrade in his replacement if Emi leaves.

Edited by DJBOB

On 07/05/2023 at 19:19, GingerCollins29 said:

It is, unless you're 5, or a Villa fan hoping to meet the greatest goalkeeper on the planet

Had you down as older than that, not much but definitely older 👍

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Spurs 🤣

Yeah I'm sure former Arsenal player is going to want to move there, and I'm sure Levy will pay what we want, especially with our rottweiler Alemany involved in any negotiation.

But what you stupid novern Mankeys from Birinmum don’t anderstand is spurs play in Lanndan and the streets is paved in gold. The twins only ever killed their own and pie n mash n liquor is food of the gods so don’t get all lemon when he leaves ya GERTCHA 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, lexicon said:

Is he ****. There's no way we can get another keeper of his level in, let alone a better one. The guy is top class. 

What about that Croatian chap, played at the World Cup?

There is a discussion to be had if we sold him for 75-80m, bought a new keeper for £30m that was very good and the rest is invested throughout the squad.

But anyone we get will be a downgrade. He is one of the best in the world, he is the Mbappe of goalkeeping. 

You can reason that selling him might be a good long term investment. But if you argue we can get anyone as good you are kidding yourself. 

23 hours ago, grobs said:

I don’t think I would be annoyed if he was sold for 50+ million. I think he has been great for us but certainly not irreplaceable. 

How long did it take us to find a goalkeeper like Emi? 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

How long did it take us to find a goalkeeper like Emi? 

He will be tough to replace but we're in a stronger position now than we have been for many, many years, in terms of power to attract players.

11 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

YOU CANT REPLICATE HIS MENTALITY! 

FFS. Not for sale.

There isn’t anyone better in the world with his combination of mentality and ability. We can’t be selling Emi, he’s way too important for that. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Livakovic but is a reason he is 28 and not left the Croatian league

Martinez had barely had a run of games before joining us, you could have said similar about him.

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Martinez had barely had a run of games before joining us, you could have said similar about him.

Livakovic has played consistently in Europe at Dinamo and has been Croatia starting keeper for 5 years. He hasnt just popped up on the radar

Would be a massive downgrade on Emi

Â