Emiliano Martínez

hippo

8 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Emi came back from the world cup as a top 5 keeper but I think this run under Unai has pushed him into a serious conversation as the world's best. Weirdly enough he is playing so well I don't think he leaves this summer. No team is going to break the world's transfer record for a keeper so he isn't going anywhere. 

He came back as top 1 😀

spacer.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Emi stays and brings his lil' friend with him!

Emi recognises we need an upgrade on Buendia 😂

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Our new Coutinho, even if it was true, no thanks, although I guess it would bring a couple of quid into the club.

He has 40 goal contributions this year, possibly the greatest player of all time. For a year it would be an amazing signing, commercially and ability 

17 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Rumours from Argentina journalists his agent is meeting with Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool this week.

We knew this story was coming 😂

Honestly, I haven’t got the appetite for it. I remember the Jack angst… trying to interpret every little quote and social media post. Fans obsessing constantly, me included. I really can’t be bothered to do it again. I hope he stays, he’s brilliant, a star and we all love him. But I do not want the club to spend the whole summer trying to convince him to stay or him stringing the club along just for him to leave a week before the season starts. 

If he wants to go (and I’m hoping he doesn’t), we need to rip the plaster off, sort the sale quickly and move on. I presume this is at least a possibility because we have been linked with a few goalkeepers.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Our new Coutinho, even if it was true, no thanks, although I guess it would bring a couple of quid into the club.

Jesus wept.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Rumours from Argentina journalists his agent is meeting with Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool this week.

We knew this story was coming 😂

It's possible there will be a Goalkeeper transfer merry-go-round...

David Raya I thought was off somewhere too, perhaps he's part of the chat?

If Martinez goes I'd hope it would be abroad and other to another English team, would he really do that to Villa? Probably, money talks.

He'd be mad to go to Chelsea then which is why I'd hope the rumours from Argentina are BS.

My thinking was he'd give us one more season and if we qualify for CL he would stay longer.

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

Honestly, I haven’t got the appetite for it. I remember the Jack angst… trying to interpret every little quote and social media post. Fans obsessing constantly, me included. I really can’t be bothered to do it again. I hope he stays, he’s brilliant, a star and we all love him. But I do not want the club to spend the whole summer trying to convince him to stay or him stringing the club along just for him to leave a week before the season starts. 

If he wants to go (and I’m hoping he doesn’t), we need to rip the plaster off, sort the sale quickly and move on. I presume this is at least a possibility because we have been linked with a few goalkeepers.

I shouldn’t get too worried if I were you, he’ll be almost 37 by the end of next season. It would almost certainly be a short term contract in the unlikely case that it happened. Possibly the greatest player ever, to grace the greatest stadium ever, that’s the kind of stress I could handle. 

Win the Premier League and retire at Villa Lionel. Listen to your big mate. 

18 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

If Martinez goes I'd hope it would be abroad and other to another English team, would he really do that to Villa? Probably, money talks.

Yeah, of course he would.

14 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I don't think Messi is stupid enough to come here now at his age ..... if that move was going to be made then it should have been five years ago at least.

I think he'd be a lot better than Coutinho but I get the comparison because Messi would be targetted in a manner he's never faced before in games played at a pace he has never played at before and at his age, there is every chance he would struggle big time. Would still take him for one season just for the commercial gain and for his presence as bait for other top players but would not see him as influencing a push to silverware and top 4.

14 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

I am of the same mindset, it is impossible to tell the truth from the rubbish so why get upset by it.

Yes, It would be a sad day if Emi were to leave this summer, but the thing that consoles me if it happens is that the club will receive a large sum of money and that we finally have an elite manager to help find a replacement. Previously under the likes of Big Eck, Sherwood and even Deano, we have sold key players but the manager hasn't bought the best replacements or hasn't been able to get the best out of those replacements. This has resulted in us going backwards and us wasting millions upon millions of pounds on wages and transfers. I don't have that fear with Emery at the helm. I know he won't get them all right, but I reckon his success rate on transfers will be far superior to those I mentioned earlier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul33 said:

I don't think Messi is stupid enough to come here now at his age ..... if that move was going to be made then it should have been five years ago at least.

I think he'd be a lot better than Coutinho but I get the comparison because Messi would be targetted in a manner he's never faced before in games played at a pace he has never played at before and at his age, there is every chance he would struggle big time. Would still take him for one season just for the commercial gain and for his presence as bait for other top players but would not see him as influencing a push to silverware and top 4.

I'm sure Messi would have loved playing under Bruce, whipping balls into Scott Hogan 🤣 We'd defo have beat Fulham in the final that season with Messi in the team .

• Haha 1

Â