Emiliano Martínez

hippo

12 hours ago, duke313 said:

I wouldn’t say no to Mendy if we did lose Emi. Alemany could probably get him for less than £20m 😂

I would say NO to Mendy, he is a terrible keeper.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Terrible keepers don't win The Best FIFA Goalkeeper award.

Ok, let me rephrase it. 

I would say NO to Mendy, I think he is a terrible keeper and always have

I don't doubt the journalist has credibility but the fact that he's manipulated his language to make it seem more likely is frankly dishonest. 

It's probably all leverage for an improved deal given what we've reportedly been offering if you believe certain papers. 

4 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Report seems a load of junk but £75 million would definitely kick start our summer recruitment. 

It wouldn’t that much. We’d have to find a replacement for Emi, which is likely £50m at least. 

It’s not happening anyway, but as I said previously it’s beating Grealish fee to enter conversations.

Well, if he must go, and I would really rather he stayed, then at least we have Alemany to negotiate the fee - we'll do well. Still think this is agent talk - directly related to his world cup win and that he will need more salary. 

14 minutes ago, grobs said:

I don’t think I would be annoyed if he was sold for 50+ million. I think he has been great for us but certainly not irreplaceable. 

He's exactly as replaceable as Jack Grealish, meaning we move on with new players not as good and suffer as a consequence.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

He's exactly as replaceable as Jack Grealish, meaning we move on with new players not as good and suffer as a consequence.

The consequence being we might finish in a European spot? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

It wouldn’t that much. We’d have to find a replacement for Emi, which is likely £50m at least. 

It’s not happening anyway, but as I said previously it’s beating Grealish fee to enter conversations.

Kepa was 72 million 5 years ago. After monetary inflation every western economy has had to endure they better make that offer or we won't even return the email. So I agree given the number they would have to hit I don't see Emi going anywhere this summer. 

48 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

We never finished 8th or higher when we had grealish so struggling to find the logic here. 

36 minutes ago, duke313 said:

The consequence being we might finish in a European spot? 

My mind went exactly where yours did when I read that, but I'd say that's almost entirely the Emery factor rather than the reinvestment of the Grealish money. If things worked out exactly the same but we had Grealish instead of Buendia, and no Bailey and Ings in the squad? I'd wager we'd have had a shot at the top 4 (but what'd probably have happened is we'd still be doing just about well enough to not sack Smith, we'd have missed out on the Gerrard nightmare but never have got Emery. Funny how things work out)

Theoretically we could absolutely take, say £80m from Martinez and sign a slightly worse keeper but strengthen in other areas so it's a net benefit. How often do teams really manage to do it though?

If he wants out and we get a good enough offer, life will move on, but if we can convince him to stay I'd say we're better off keeping our best players rather than chasing this dream of becoming better by cashing in and investing

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Chelsea, Spurs and United are direct rivals in the PL we're all in running for the 4/5 CL places. Selling to one of them would be 70m+ type and we'd still get that amount next summer or summer after. He has 4 years left on his contract. He goes in 2 years if we want to let him

Spurs 🤣

Yeah I'm sure former Arsenal player is going to want to move there, and I'm sure Levy will pay what we want, especially with our rottweiler Alemany involved in any negotiation.

Â