Emiliano Martínez

hippo

I'm puzzled by those stats.

His goals prevented compared to xG per 90 is 1.2, but his total goals prevented compared to xG is 8.2?

If I were seeing those stats with no further context I'd assume that he'd played about 7 games this season, I can't make sense of it.

Wow I can’t believe how much his passing out of the back ability helped us tonight. Incredible performance…

15 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'm puzzled by those stats.

His goals prevented compared to xG per 90 is 1.2, but his total goals prevented compared to xG is 8.2?

If I were seeing those stats with no further context I'd assume that he'd played about 7 games this season, I can't make sense of it.

They make no sense at all.  I imagine it's meant to be 0.2 (which would still have him as 1st, according to fbref).

He will probably be annoyed at himself especially after that previous IG post. Possibly his worst mistake of the year coming in such a big match. Could have maybe done better on the 2nd goal as well. 

Luckily he has saved us many occasions this season which has put us in the position we find ourselves now.

Ironically, i was sitting there with my Orangina in the sun a few days ago, and i was thinking....."you know what, its great how Emi has completely cut out those little errors that lead to silly goals since Emery has come in, must have really upped his concentration levels" (ie: the Manure dropped ball that went in etc).

Ironic indeed.

:P

• Haha 1

It happens to the best of keepers. Emi has enough credit with us that we can accept those errors. He did well for the rest of the game so credit to him for shaking it off.

Don't agree that he was at fault for their second goal. He's done nothing wrong there and I don't think the Sky pundits would have even mentioned that if it wasn't for his error for the first goal

• Like 2

I dont think there's much he could do about the second goal. Was a well placed shot that he did quite well to get anything on. Not sure even a slightly stronger hand on it would have prevented it landing at the Liverpool players feet 

All keepers make mistakes.

That was a bad one but it happens.

I can only imagine what it would be like on here if that had been Olsen 😆

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Ironically, i was sitting there with my Orangina in the sun a few days ago, and i was thinking....."you know what, its great how Emi has completely cut out those little errors that lead to silly goals since Emery has come in, must have really upped his concentration levels" (ie: the Manure dropped ball that went in etc).

Ironic indeed.

:P

So it's YOUR fault!

Dibu never stopped believing in making the Champions League with us. Never stopped being grateful for giving him those moments. He deserves this moment as much as anyone. What an achievement when so many said to leave. He understands the vision and the specialness Unai and the board are building.

I’m a believer mate - vindication indeed. Is there no sweeter taste? 

• Like 1

Â