Emiliano Martínez

hippo

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Why would he cost more than Grealish? No chance tbh. And he's much older than him.

Because we don’t need to sell him and as far as we’re aware he doesn’t have a release clause. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

5 hours ago, AshVilla said:

He'd cost 70m+....

Can't see Spurs or United paying that. 

Chelsea perhaps. 

He's in the Top 4/5 Goalkeepers in World football and under contract till June 2027 so double it! 

Just now, maqroll said:

His save in the final is possibly the greatest save in the history of football.

Ye, im not being Villa or Emi biased either, but i agree.

To make that save, at that time in the match, in the single most important game in football, with all the background to the game (Messi's last chance, length of time since Argies won it, the game WC was lost if conceded etc etc), and to go on to win it after that save?!!?

totally agree, the single best save in history, when you take in to account everything surrounding it.

• Like 1

I can't envision him going to another Prem club and compete directly against Villa. He seems too emotionally attached to Villa to do that. I might be naive about that, but it's my sense of him. I think he coould very well go, but only to a top Spanish or Italian side. Or PSG/Bayern.

6 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

He’d cost more than Grealish, no one will pay that. He’s staying.

No chance we pulled Man citys pants down with Grealish and no GK would go for that kind of money.

Very predictable, media creates speculation that Emi wants to leave for a "bigger" club than the Villa, (and its hopefully a load of tosh...)

This happens most seasons, where the media believe that little Aston Villa who just happen to have a better player than any of the sky scum 6 do not deserve to have this player and therefore do their very best to create some non news to fill their sports columns.

• Like 2

That reports a load of shit it says this

The report claims that Martinez would not cost an exorbitant amount, with Aston Villa looking to recoup all - and perhaps more - of the £17m they paid Arsenal in 2020

As if we are going to want a little over 20m for one of the worlds best keepers. We want at least 50m for him.

These people who make this stuff up just make you laugh

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That reports a load of shit it says this

As if we are going to want a little over 20m for one of the worlds best keepers. We want at least 50m for him.

These people who make this stuff up just make you laugh

Nah we should want more than that

30 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Nah we should want more than that

I agree. Good keepers are hard to find. We are in string position emis cobtract is until 2027.

So glad we have people at the club who actually know what they are dojng as if we didnt get this donw before wc we would be a weaker position

Â