Emiliano Martínez

hippo

3 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Anything can happen obviously, but I don’t see how Emi has suddenly gone from saying he wants to recommend other Argentines to Villa(something we’ve seen him actually say) to a reporter saying he’s open to leaving in June lol

The timing of it is silly too

• Like 2

That tweet orginates from quite a good source in Argentina *apparently*.

Even so, you'd like to think that there's enough good, but also younger and cheaper keepers than him on the market this summer so Villa will be in a strong position to hold onto him.

I saw someone mention it could just be agent talk so we can give Emi improved terms. We are rumoured to have a big summer, so it makes sense that our current top players may want their salaries to match our new incoming players who possibly could earn more than them. 

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

He'd cost 70m+....

Can't see Spurs or United paying that. 

Chelsea perhaps. 

If it came to it and Emi wanted to leave us for Chelsea, I’d swap from him Arrizabalaga and a bit of cash… 

Id rather we just kept hold of Emi though because he’s a hero. 

Edited by Tayls

32 minutes ago, Indigo said:

That tweet orginates from quite a good source in Argentina *apparently*.

Even so, you'd like to think that there's enough good, but also younger and cheaper keepers than him on the market this summer so Villa will be in a strong position to hold onto him.

He’s met Emi several times and interviewed him so a big name in Argentina. 

However, he edited his tweet in question which changes the meaning: 

1st version - La idea es que - the idea is that

2nd version - Es probable que - is likely that

1 hour ago, Rustibrooks said:

Anything can happen obviously, but I don’t see how Emi has suddenly gone from saying he wants to recommend other Argentines to Villa(something we’ve seen him actually say) to a reporter saying he’s open to leaving in June lol

I honestly think he will go and have done so, since he won the World Cup.

I hope I am wrong - and he stays, I just don’t see it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

It’s likely to be Spurs and Chelsea in the market for a new goalie this summer. Can definitely see a bid coming in from one of them. If one of them offers big money (more likely Chelsea than Spurs), I can see us leaving the decision to him. 

Spurs can’t afford him because they have a chairman that has a fit at the idea of spending any money plus they are a shambles. Chelsea can’t afford him of the back of there inspired work in the last 2 windows costing them over half a billion plus they want Anana so my view is it’s a load of rubbish

If he leaves for a CL club i wont be angry but if its somewhere like chelsea i wont be happy.backwards step.

City liverpool newcastle arsenal dont need hin

Only united need a keeper.

Spurs ans chelsea are not much better than us

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Don't think he'll leave tbh. especially not to Spurs lol. Think they will be hoping Everton go down and then make a move for Pickford. Feels very Spursy.

There isn’t a scenario where we sell him to Spurs, Levy won’t fork out the dough anyway.

Chelsea already have two top class keepers, they don’t need a third. And even if they did, they need to sell about 15 players first.

Only realistic option in PL is United, but I don’t see them breaking the world record fee for a keeper. There is cheaper options for them.

34 minutes ago, deeps said:

I’d be stunned if he left. 

With all due respect why? He is a World Cup winner, why would he not chase champions league football and who could blame him - he has no long standing affinity with the club ( although this guarantees nothing ). I personally feel that if this offer comes his way, he will be off 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

With all due respect why? He is a World Cup winner, why would he not chase champions league football and who could blame him - he has no long standing affinity with the club ( although this guarantees nothing ). I personally feel that if this offer comes his way, he will be off 

Yep, he'll definitely be off. We just need to use the money wisely.

4 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

It all depends who wants him. Madrid, Barca, psg, city, Liverpool, arsenal won’t want him. Spurs and Chelsea won’t be champions league.  Napoli maybe, Juventus probably can’t afford him. United might but probably want someone younger and better with the ball. Athletico? 

2 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

Dibu Martínez is likely to change clubs in June. It does not have an exit clause. There are three Premier League clubs that have it in the pipeline:
Tottenham -with more interest, Chelsea and Manchester United.
Very likely to go a step further in the next market.

No team in Italy will be able to afford Martinez, Spurs & Chelsea are clubs in a right mess, Chelsea won't be able to spend that kind of money because of there spending in January & as for Spurs ......  do me a favour 🤦‍♂️ silly season has already started, If anybody has listened to his interviews lately specially the Ian Wright one on YouTube, you would all come to the assumption that he will be staying put 💪 he loves this club ❤️

10 minutes ago, Frodo said:

No team in Italy will be able to afford Martinez, Spurs & Chelsea are clubs in a right mess, Chelsea won't be able to spend that kind of money because of there spending in January & as for Spurs ......  do me a favour 🤦‍♂️ silly season has already started, If anybody has listened to his interviews lately specially the Ian Wright one on YouTube, you would all come to the assumption that he will be staying put 💪 he loves this club ❤️

This is likely his agent letting Villa know he wants a pay rise.

Â