Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Only player in world football today dribble with the ball 3 yards behind him.

Technically not even remotely on Gabby or Vassells level.

Not quick. Not really strong. Certainly doesn't put his body in good positions

Works hard.

That winds me up as well, he can't even win a foul he's that bad. Just goes bouncing off centre halves onto his arse.

He has an incredible ability to get himself into dangerous situations - more so than most players - but in equal measure lacks the real quality necessary to make the most of it. So frustrating.

• Like 4

He was onside for that missed chance wasn't he? Think replays showed he was in his own half so VAR would've given it if he'd scored.

We scored a few minutes later so it was a moot point but again that miss sums things up, he can do good work in games and chip in with goals but he's never going to be that killer finisher all the best teams in the league have so until we sign or develop one (would be huge if Archer could chip in with a couple early next season off the bench) I think we have to accept his limitations and not be shocked when he misses presentable chances.

Frustrating player. Don’t think I’ve seen a striker so bad in one on one situations. He does a lot of good things and his work rate is unbelievable but I think his bad traits have started to overtop his good traits this season. 

• Like 1

One of the most frustrating players I’ve ever seen in a Villa shirt. For me he is a off the bench player. He isn’t quite good enough for where we want to be. We need a new striker desperately. I have changed my mind on Ings being ahead of him though. I’d sell Ings over Watkins and have Ollie as back up or alongside someone else who is superior to him. 

No sentimentality anymore, upgrade and offload where applicable. 

Edited by Ingram85

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Aa competition to a better striker, he makes us strong.

As our main goal threat, he's a weakness and will hold us back. 

I agree I just have no idea who we can buy/afford who is going to be better especially on top of the other signings we need to make this year. 

Just now, villaglint said:

I agree I just have no idea who we can buy/afford who is going to be better especially on top of the other signings we need to make this year. 

Kamada from Frankfurt would be my choice. 

Crazy that we spend 30m on a striker and 1 season later we're talking about pushing him to the bench and signing someone else. This is without even mentioning we have another 30m striker at the club we signed this summer. 

Â