Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Like pretty much everyone else - he had an off night, but still could have scored a hatrick (or one at least).

Based on his comments in recent weeks, I’m guessing he won’t be happy with his own performance or that of the team.

Hoping there is a fire in his belly for Thursday and Sunday now. 

23 hours ago, the_eristic said:

Has to do better with the late chance, think he's gotten into his own head a bit after not scoring last week.

I agree - that was the Ollie of old, snatching at the ball, however I think that he was having an off night and not the best of service -  I feel that if the same chance fell to him in the Bournemouth game, he probably scores, due to his confidence being high.

Csnt be too harsh though - he has been very good recently  

6 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Just voted for him my player of the season, he's been awesome in my opinion.

Yeah, has to be him

I see Paul Parker thinks Man Utd should go all in to sign Watkins in the summer. Does he think this is a Dwight Yorke 1998 situation. They are not the draw they think they are at the moment despite being Man Utd. I see no way Watkins would want to go to that basket case shambles club.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

I see Paul Parker thinks Man Utd should go all in to sign Watkins in the summer. Does he think this is a Dwight Yorke 1998 situation. They are not the draw they think they are at the moment despite being Man Utd. I see no way Watkins would want to go to that basket case shambles club.

Paul Parker does video messages for £20. You could ask him to say Man U are crap and Watkins would never go there and he happily would for £20.

Watkins our player of the season. Should be a contender for PFA player too but that’s most likely going to Foden.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 2

Football wouldn’t be football without some second rate has-been giving their unwanted opinion. This time it’s Parker advising United to buy Watkins, tomorrow it will be Darren Huckerby saying Konsa needs a move to cement his England place. It’s all just boswollox. 

It does make wonder how these comments are solicited though. Do the jerknalists call them for comment on a story they want to make up? Do they email a load of ex pros with some questions? Are they contracted to provide a certain number of quotes? It’s all very strange. 

Back to Watkins, he will win Villa’s POTS, we’ve had so many top performers but he leads the way. Would love him to outscore Haaland and Palmer in the last few games to take the golden boot. 

• Like 1

On 01/05/2024 at 00:51, zab6359 said:

Just voted for him my player of the season, he's been awesome in my opinion.

Same here. Martinez, Konsa, Torres, Super John McGinn, Bailey or Luiz had a decent shout but it had to be Ollie. 

Some years I struggle to think of one player to vote for!

• Like 1

Played well tonight IMO. Frustration definitely got to him towards the end though, I think he might have accidentally booted the ball at a steward at once point!

40 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Can't wait for his 20th prem goal! Hope he is in line for a huge bonus.

But not so huge that it tips us over the FFP edge.

He was so close at the end with that dribble. Took one bad touch (was really unlucky) within it and then it was out of play. Created it out of nothing though.

I would be shocked if another outfield player has played more minutes in all competitions than Watkins this season. A machine

• Like 1

Â