Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Also points out that he’s the same age as Calum Chambers (well, within a year, Chambers is 27) and when Chambers got his move to Arsenal, Watkins was playing for Weston-Super-Mare. So he’s come up the hard way but I think he’s about to step up as an established PL player and I think if we sell him, unless it’s because we have someone fantastic lined up, we will regret it.

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

He’s aware of those issues. Good interview with him in the Guardian today where he sets himself a target of 20 goals next season and says he wants to step up. He’s 26 so coming into his peak years now, his daughter is 8 months old so he’ll be getting a full night’s sleep next season - lets see what happens and I’m sure plenty of people on VT will pile on and say he’ll never hit 20 goals but credit to him that’s his plan.

He would need the rest of the team to play really well to even get close to that. But I like the ambition.

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

He would need the rest of the team to play really well to even get close to that. But I like the ambition.

I agree but I think his perspective in the article was he needs to be more deadly with his chances in front of goal himself to get there.

• Like 1

So wasteful in front of goal, has  trampoline feet. He needs about 4-5 chances before he scores. I would be inclined to sell him if we can recoup out money. We need a clinical finisher. Oli is not that. 

26 minutes ago, calcifer said:

So wasteful in front of goal, has  trampoline feet. He needs about 4-5 chances before he scores. I would be inclined to sell him if we can recoup out money. We need a clinical finisher. Oli is not that. 

This. 

26 minutes ago, useless said:

Three goals in his last five games before today.

Kinda meaningless with the chances he’s been getting all season. I’m not buying this argument that he is in double figures so decent. A good striker with these chances would have 15-20 goals. He is a big, big reason as to why we are 14th. 

Â