Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Ings was just as guilty as missing good chances today, despite how poor we were first half could have been two or three up, at least Watkins got a goal. Truth be told can see why Gerrard wants to improve that area, we need someone more ruthless in front of goal than both Watkins and Ings.

Ollie's miss is much much worse. His touch takes him away from goal. Criminally bad touch. That was the match winner.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Ollie's miss is much much worse. His touch takes him away from goal. Criminally bad touch. That was the match winner.

i would say im shocked.

But im not.

At all.

It doesn't matter which was worse, they both had good chances to score goals, Ings more so and missed badly every time, at least Watkins scored one of his chances.

Just now, MaVilla said:

i would say im shocked.

But im not.

At all.

If we can get an upgrade and a more clinical finisher, I'd take £40-45m. Really cannot afford to keep missing these chances.

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

At any given time there is only ever a 10% chance Ollies first touch will be a good one. 

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

If we can get an upgrade and a more clinical finisher, I'd take £40-45m. Really cannot afford to keep missing these chances.

yeah, i'd bag him off in the summer.

Im not confident we will though.

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Agree

But again it's why he takes that touch, theres not enough pace on the ball

• Like 1

Blows my mind that of the two strikers we played today, Watkins is the one getting the shit. Ings was either missing chances or totally ineffective. Watkins worked his arse off, got a goal, should have had an assist. Yes he probably should've scored at the end but it doesn't completely negate what was a good performance otherwise.

• Like 2

Just now, lexicon said:

Blows my mind that of the two strikers we played today, Watkins is the one getting the shit. Ings was either missing chances or totally ineffective. Watkins worked his arse off, got a goal, should have had an assist. Yes he probably should've scored at the end but it doesn't completely negate what was a good performance otherwise.

He missed a glorious chance. He can get great in so many ways, but that is simply not good enough.

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

World class strikers convert less than 1 in 5 chances. Can't call him sh*t when we spend 80+ minutes generating f*ck all for him. 

But you can when he fluffs it like today too

Watkins is the least to blame for our defeat today, the fault is with the players behind him that couldn't string more than a few passes together, let Palace win every second ball, and kept wasting possession with long floated balls. Also feel Buendia and Ramsey should have come on much earlier.

If it wasn't for Watkins we wouldn't even have a point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, The_Steve said:

But you can when he fluffs it like today too

Half chance at best. Ball was slow and Ollie had to literally wait for it to catch up to him. People are in here acting like it was a 1v1 versus the keeper. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

Half chance at best. Ball was slow and Ollie had to literally wait for it to catch up to him. People are in here acting like it was a 1v1 versus the keeper. 

The touch was needed, the ball was still clinical, his heavy touch took it to an angle he wasn't going to be scoring from. He did well to get himself onside but you'd expect better in that position.

Â