January Transfers 2019/20

sne

32 minutes ago, jim said:

Lodged a bid for Sturridge allegedly.

After Drinkwater anything is possible I guess but he was on a free in the summer and we showed little interest and now we're I presume going to pay 5m?!

Reminds me of that time Luke Young was doing the rounds for 3m and we signed him for 6m a year later. Classic MON.

Can only go by Soccerbase but according to that he's scored the grand total of 3 goals this season in the Turkish league (zero in europa league) so would be an odd fit to me.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

After Drinkwater anything is possible I guess but he was on a free in the summer and we showed little interest and now we're I presume going to pay 5m?!

Reminds me of that time Luke Young was doing the rounds for 3m and we signed him for 6m a year later. Classic MON.

Can only go by Soccerbase but according to that he's scored the grand total of 3 goals this season in the Turkish league (zero in europa league) so would be an odd fit to me.

444 minutes in the turkish league with 4 goals translates to a 111 goal per minute rate in the league. He hasn't scored in the Europa league but he's barely played in it tbf.

It's my understanding that the Sturridge rumor started because someone spotted him at VP.

Now I'm not ITK but his family live in the area and have a lot of ties to the club. For example he has a foundation and it holds events and fundraisers in the executive suites and players lounge at VP. So it's quite possible that he was seen around VP for something related to that.

However as others have said we did sign DD so anything is possible. But IMO it's just not the kind of signing we are going to make under DS & CP.

Spending the whole window looking at striker options, only to sign Sturridge at the end for less than £5m, doesn't make sense at all.

I can't imagine Trabzonspor are desperate to keep him and I would hope that Suso can identify better options, even for a fee as low as that.

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

One that caught my eye is apparently Sheffield United bidding 25m for Sander Berg. He's quite highly rated isn't he? So there's a good example of a promoted club stepping up their transfer ambitions if they can actually sign him.

saw the link to man utd yesterday, thought he'd be a good signing, then saw someone suggest it was actually a youth team goalkeeper in the car...and enjoyed the ensuing meltdown

Edited by villa4europe

14 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Yeah we’ve all been there, had a few drinks, got a bit caught up in the atmosphere and before you know it spent £30,000,000.

Here's hoping Wes went to the Messi charity auction after the match. Waking up wondering how he spent so much money on a signed boot in a plastic bubble. 

Mate is a regular at Tannadice. Asked him for his view on Shankland

"Shankland is a super goal scorer - 27 this season alone!! But his hold up play, interlinks between the lines isn't great and he isn't particularly quick. He isn't the next McGinn. That said, DUFC have said they dont need to sell him, and his goals are far more important to the team than the cash. Plus it would be a PR disaster for the management. However £5m might tempt the club....."

The lack of pace comment alone means it's a NO from me!