January Transfers 2019/20

sne

It’s stupid that the whole window has to be condensed into one month as only agents win .. it should be open for longer... Perhaps Dec—Jan giving clubs longer to complete deals during this hectic stage of the season.... 

Have we launched our bids or are we just preparing them . What irons are in the fire during this difficult January window and what will get across the line before it slams shut ... 

Edited by thabucks

15 minutes ago, thabucks said:

It’s stupid that the whole window has to be condensed into one month as only agents win .. it should be open for longer... Perhaps Dec—Jan giving clubs longer to complete deals during this hectic stage of the season.... 

Have we launched our bids or are we just preparing them . What irons are in the fire during this difficult January window and what will get across the line before it slams shut ... 

I still used to like the old days before transfer windows that we know today.  I'd happily have transfers all season aside from a closed window from the end of march until 1st July so nothing nefarious happens with end of season deals to win or avoid things. 

Never mind the restriction of trade arguments I just dont understand it otherwise.  The arguments were about unsettling players etc but players are unsettled by clubs either way and the only teams that, again, benefit from closed windows are big clubs who if lose a player to injury can replace that player with almost an equivalent ie when Man city lost Aguero, in comes Jesus. 

Most other clubs cant afford back quality, or keep a player back of quality happy etc etc.  Heaton and Wes going down when they did was bizarrely fortunate before the window opened, but if that had happened against Bournemouth this weekend, on the 1st of Feb, we couldnt go out and get quality replacements. (I know some will argue about Wes and quality, i'm not discussing that here, he was our No1 striker at the time...whether effective or not).

It is what it is but maybe at 43 I'm becoming an old fuddy duddy with the amount of changes to football every season from the changes to offside rule, VAR, the offensive 1 yard rule from the wall in free kicks blah blah blah.  Not sure any of them have made the game better, at least it's more confusing, not always enforced and more arguments occur from them.

Anyway, my soapbox moan for the day, waiting for a transfer to happen or at least some tasty news to either get excited about or bitterly disappointed about. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Heard somewhere that we are after Sturridge. Really? He might be  a villa fan but he has done very little for years after all those injuries.

Jim White mentioned the Sturridge link on Talksport this morning. Jim said he text his contact within Villa and received this response. ""I've literally never heard his name mentioned at our club".

It doesn't make sense at all for us to be in for him. He's old, on high wages and injury prone. It's lazy journalism, we need a striker, he's on loan, from Birmingham and Purslow had him at Liverpool.

I’m waiting for the headline .... According  sky bet sources it is believed Suso is trying to push a deal through for Alcaer before the window slams shut we will bring more on this BS story as we create false news for our own financial gain .... 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Jim White mentioned the Sturridge link on Talksport this morning. Jim said he text his contact within Villa and received this response. ""I've literally never heard his name mentioned at our club".

It doesn't make sense at all for us to be in for him. He's old, on high wages and injury prone. It's lazy journalism, we need a striker, he's on loan, from Birmingham and Purslow had him at Liverpool.

Yep- I think that sums it about up, considering we could have got him for free in the summer and didn't.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Forget Sturridge. He’s finished at this level. I’d rather even have a naked Giroud than Sturridge. 

Not quite naked but there you go.

Bildresultat för giroud scandal

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I miss the days of folks tracking chartered planes through the sky. Speculating on the location of a medical. And, of course, the fuzzy spy shots taken at BMH. I want some more of that action!

Having Samatta in a pub in Shenstone will live long in the memory. 

Where is Hairy Hands? Julie's Basement perhaps?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

In fairness, a longer transfer window would also give clubs more opportunity to unsettle players and team. So it's a catch 22 IMO.

12 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I’m waiting for the headline .... According  sky bet sources it is believed Suso is trying to push a deal through for Alcaer before the window slams shut we will bring more on this BS story as we create false news for our own financial gain .... 

villamole fella claiming he made it up to feed to JimmyMcCann etc.  Who knows what to believe other than it's 99% bollocks out there.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness, a longer transfer window would also give clubs more opportunity to unsettle players and team. So it's a catch 22 IMO.

I think the unsettling of players goes on whether there is a transfer window or not.  The window is just when a player can sign a contract.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rubberman said:

villamole fella claiming he made it up to feed to JimmyMcCann etc.  Who knows what to believe other than it's 99% bollocks out there.

Imagine if it happened now, the deal went through because it actually made sense to the club recruitment teams.  The guy would look a genius and an idiot at the same time with this post picking an ideal player then saying he made it up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rubberman said:

One of his recent tweets refers to Sturridge and Piatek being targets and something about dominos pizza lol ... 

2 hours ago, Okonokos said:

Did that really happen or it an ongoing joke? Shenstone is just round the corner from me. I could be Villa Talk's own private ITK scout.

I hear that he dropped in to reserve a table for a Thursday steak night, when he was on his way to the station, to catch a cross city line train to Aston. ;)