January Transfers 2019/20

sne

32 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

The go-to BS line for January 2020 is the utterly puzzling use of Noel Whelan quotes. He doesn’t even use the typical football lines, he just seems to question every signing, rumour, rumour of a rumour and link. 

He's **** popped up again with "risk" for that Augustin at Leeds.

Moron.

43 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I heard a rumour that we are preparing a bid for THIS player. Fans of the other team are furious.

”Get him in!” “This is a real statement of intent.” Villa fans have THIS to say about potential transfer. 

You won't believe what Villa fans are saying about THIS potential signing as the club SLAPS in a bid to bolster the squad 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Does anybody think Hogan going back out on loan bodes well for our chances of landing another striker.?

I think it's irrelevant. We were probably always looking for backup and that's all it will probably be. Not some big name, big wage striker just back up. I would prefer we signed a starting front 3 wide player that can play striker in a 3 if needed 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

The go-to BS line for January 2020 is the utterly puzzling use of Noel Whelan quotes. He doesn’t even use the typical football lines, he just seems to question every signing, rumour, rumour of a rumour and link. 

Seems like this just remembered somebody from the 90s stickerbook who won't sue for libel as this is the only way back into the media. Waiting for David May or John Scales opinions on transfers next 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Seems like this just remembered somebody from the 90s stickerbook who won't sue for libel as this is the only way back into the media. Waiting for David May or John Scales opinions on transfers next 

He literally was the most common Panini sticker in my childhood. In any given pack of 6, 5 of them were guaranteed to be Coventry players, and 2-3 of them were usually Noel Whelan. In a team stuffed full of non-entities, he was the least entityish of all of them.

9 hours ago, Spoony said:

I heard a rumour that we are preparing a bid for THIS player. Fans of the other team are furious.

”Get him in!” “This is a real statement of intent.” Villa fans have THIS to say about potential transfer. 

I hope no Villa fans have to say ***k that after proposed transfer rumoured. 

Smith saying he's "confident as I can be" about us bringing in players doesn't fill me with much confidence.

If I was confident we were going to sign someone id be saying something like "I'm sure we will be signing at least one or two more" or "we're close to sealing a deal or two but just have a couple of things to do to tie up the deals" etc. 

I think the owners are stuck between playing it safe in case we go down and taking a bit of a gamble in the hope we will stay up. 

I just hope that, come the end of the season, we don't look back at January regretting that we didn't bring another striker in.