January Transfers 2019/20

sne

7 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Yeah if we are going to persist with a back three letting Chester go without a replacement would be odd, having 4 centre backs to cover the three spots is risky.

Have we not got some right backs to cover? That was the previous manager's plan.

• Haha 2

As much as I don’t think Sturridge is the answer I wouldn’t be that upset with him for £4m. That’s basically free nowadays!

I wouldn’t even care if he barely played as long as our other strikers stayed fit. It would start to look like a really poor decision if we had two striker injuries though.

Agree on Chester - no way we can let him go without replacing. I’d be amazed if they were happy to have 4 centre backs for 3 places so will give the club the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

I suppose he could always recall Bree 😂

Did Smith play him at CB in pre-season or am I misremembering from when Bruce used to?

I’m a hopeless optimist with players we buy young so I’ve convinced myself Bree will come good even though none of the signs point towards it.

As it gets close to deadline day, I wonder whether these talks of Chester to Stoke and Jota to Fulham are the kind of deals that will only happen if we get suitable (ie: better) replacements in. Part of the whole 'domino effect'.

Potentially..

Chester out, loan Vida in?

Jota out, loan new striker in?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Did Smith play him at CB in pre-season or am I misremembering from when Bruce used to?

I’m a hopeless optimist with players we buy young so I’ve convinced myself Bree will come good even though none of the signs point towards it.

I think that was Bruce. Smith has played him at centre back but that was before he brought Hause and Mings in, and recalled Elphick. Once he had actual centre backs Bree didn't get a look in there. I think he has been playing right side of a back three out on loan though.

Edited by RichiBoi11
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Piatek off to Hertha Berlin, we certainly had a chance

€27m offer apparently, his agent must be a right gobshite. The player had said he wanted to stay till the summer, the club seem to want him out though and Suso and Paqueta the midfielder. They were supposed to be the future but it's not worked out.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Chester seems to be off to stoke. Surely we wouldn't be stupid enough to let him go without a replacement. 

Maybe we can use the money to buy Tuanzebe? He’s currently not even making the bench at ManU 

this would suit our policy of ‘buying for the future’ + he wouldn’t need time to adapt.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AXD said:

Maybe we can use the money to buy Tuanzebe? He’s currently not even making the bench at ManU 

this would suit our policy of ‘buying for the future’ + he wouldn’t need time to adapt.

would love that but can't see it happening. 

19 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Imagine a back 3 of Mings, Tuanzebe and Konsa. Bloody hell that would be good.

Axel is too injury prone.

Been injured for the past 2 months. Was the same story last season.

Don't really think it's worth it to keep players around that is that injury prone.

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Smith played him at centre back last season when we had a few injuries. I think it's fair to say he didn't pull up any trees.