January Transfers 2019/20

sne

On 01/02/2020 at 16:17, Pimlico_Villa said:

For this transfer strategy of buying dross to work, Smith needs to be able to coach players and make them better. He can’t. 

Forgetting what he did for Brentford for a moment... 

I’d say Mings, McGinn, and Grealish have all improved under Smith’s coaching, wouldn’t you? 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Forgetting what he did for Brentford for a moment... 

I’d say Mings, McGinn, and Grealish have all improved under Smith’s coaching, wouldn’t you? 

Tammy, Jed Steer improved as well under him, arguably Elmo has been more sensible with his crossing under Smith

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just saw an article claiming Spurs might terminate Wanyamas contract at Tottenham, making him a free agent... We do still need a big strong midfielder IMO.

I know nothing about what has happened with his career Fwiw

Legs are gone last two seasons. Not just my opinion. Actual quotes on Spurs forum

Edited by Kiwivillan

23 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I’d say McGinn has got worse.

Wash your mouth out sir! SJM is beyond reproach of any kind. 😂

SJM got better and better. His form dipped a bit prior to breaking his ankle but he was carrying a slight knock apparently! Just look how much we have missed him.

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Well yeah, he hasn’t scored for weeks now and barely even runs. 

6 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Wash your mouth out sir! SJM is beyond reproach of any kind. 😂

SJM got better and better. His form dipped a bit prior to breaking his ankle but he was carrying a slight knock apparently! Just look how much we have missed him.

Humble apologies for daring to make a mildly critical comment about saint Smith of Villa Park, who has clearly led us to the best of possible places  in the premier league. Obviously now I will wear a hair shirt and do a penance of walking on my knees from Witton station to Villa Park.

Although the comment highlighted in bold leaves me with a sneaking suspicion I was right. (Except there always seems to be a reason why Villa's poor form is nothing to do with the saint.)

Edited by briny_ear