January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Giroud is about the best of the links we've had. Batshuayi will be off to Palace, Benteke is bollocksed, and Glenn Murray is a clogger who had a couple of purple seasons late in his career and now under a new regime and another year older he's gone into the decline significantly. 

I mean beggars can't be choosers, it might be a case of the ghost of Benteke and Glenn Murray's zimmerframe or bust, in which case I'll take it. But if we can get Giroud, which is far from certain, I'd snap Chelsea's arm off. And I never really rated him that highly throughout his career but right now he might as well be Maradona for what else we have.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

Speaking of which, Gorand Pandev scored the winner for Genoa yesterday. Still only 36, and what a head of hair.

Bildresultat för goran pandev haircut

Looks like a cock & bulls and a butt ... Or a cock n bulls is about to penetrate the caped crusaders bat symbol ... 

Edited by thabucks

No point wasting a loan on someone like James Justin, it's not even as if we're desperate for a right-back and he wouldn't be guaranteed a place in our side. Only loan deals we should entertain are with an option to buy, or in the case of an exceptional player who would make a big difference to our first team then I think a normal loan would be acceptable.

2 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I personally think that out of the four, Batshuayi is the only one that offers anything. 

Giroud starts up front for the world champions and has scored plenty of PL goals over the past few years so while he’s not the perfect signing I’d say he’ll do better than Kodjia over half a season.  

8 hours ago, hippo said:

What is his recent goal scoring record ? 0 in 13 PL games ? 

He dosen't suit Graham Potter style which is more flexible and mobile front 3.

Murray good goalscorer from crosses but if people think Giroud is slow.....

Ultimately the Chris Hughton style of deep defence and slower build up suited him more than this season.

5 hours ago, thabucks said:

**** OFF TALKING ABOUT THE HAS BEEN BENTEKE FFS !!! 

If smith really wanted Maupay would be here as like Konsa. Some of other reason was at play - simples. Not sure what that is, but if Dean really wanted him then a deal would of been brokered. 

This.

Also, the fee paid to Brighton [the official cost on record] is only half the story as his agent was after about £7m apparently. This is what what was holding things up.

We had a plan A striker lined up at the end of the window that broke down on deadline day. It was a record breaker and we couldn’t afford Maupay too so he elected to go to Brighton when he knew he wasn’t coming to Villa. Just look at Maupay’s signing on picture at Brighton he’s heart broken.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Watching the Leeds game, we would have had a very different season if we’d managed to get Kalvin Phillips. Perfect fit for that holding role in the 4-3-3. Shows how important it is to get these transfers right and have good backup options if we don’t make our first choice buy.

Another one Smith overruled on and got a backup.

Phillips and Maupay we'd be 10th now.

• Haha 1