January Transfers 2019/20

sne

35 minutes ago, sne said:

Speaking of which, Gorand Pandev scored the winner for Genoa yesterday. Still only 36, and what a head of hair.

Bildresultat för goran pandev haircut

Is the guys hair falling out as he runs? Appears to be slipping off! :o

Edit - I was right, just found a picture of him warming up before kick off:

Football Hair GIF by Bristol City FC

* I cannot explain the clear ageing or skin lightening during play though??*

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

What a trend in our striker links from Batshuayi to Cenk Tosun to Giroud to Glenn Murrey, it's like adding a couple of years in age for every day and new striker link. Grant Holt prehaps wasn't a joke after all! 

It's link the rags are just making stuff up. 

Of course pace is nice, and given the choice between two players, identical except for pace, you'd always choose the faster one, but I can't help thinking that for our style of play it's one of the least important attributes. 

Surely the whole virtue of Jack Grealish is that he can carry the ball to the edge of the area and then pick out a pass. Given that, it seems to me that what we need from a striker is a] getting in the box much much more than Wesley did b] making effective little runs off the defender to get free, and c] not getting caught offside all the time. 

Whether that's Murray or giroud or somebody else I don't know, but those attributes matter more than pace for me. 

• Like 3

Has it been reported that we have a pretty limited budget this window? 

I would like the following to happen. Spend big for an excellent winger  and try to bring in martinelli on loan. If martinelli isn't possible, giroud as the main loan signing with someone who has pace like nketiah to bring on the last 20 minutes when girouds legs will be gone. I agree we shouldn't be developing other teams youngsters without the option of buying them but we haven't really got a choice. I just struggle to see us signing a quality striker and winger in a January transfer window.

We need a goalkeeper and cm also. 

Edited by Bugzy1991

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

People are talking about Benteke because he's one of few legitimate options available this window.

We aren't going to sign a top striker, we are being offered the scraps from other teams right now.

Giroud

Batshuayi

Benteke

Murray

I personally think that out of the four, Batshuayi is the only one that offers anything. 

If we signed Murray it would be as a back up striker, Smith himself said the other day that there's a possibility that we might sign two strikers. Every time I've saw him play for Brighton last season he looked a very good player, and this stat of him not scoring in his last thirteen games is slightly misleading as in those games he's only played 396 minutes, which is about four games worth of football and he also scored for them in his one appearance in the league cup this season. As long as we brought someone else in as well as first choice wouldn't be a bad back-up player until the end of the season. That said I highly doubt that this will happen, even Murray scoring just once for us could be the difference between us staying up and Brighton going down,  but if we do sign two strikers it won't be two big names like some have been talking about Giroud and Batshuayi, Giroud and Mateta.

2 minutes ago, Bugzy1991 said:

Has it been reported that we have a pretty limited budget this window? 

I would like the following to happen. Spend big for an excellent winger  and try to bring in martinelli on loan. If martinelli isn't possible, giroud as the main loan signing with someone who has pace like nketiah to bring on the last 20 minutes when girouds legs will be gone. I agree we shouldn't be developing other teams youngsters without the option of buying them but we haven't really got a choice. I just struggle to see us signing a quality striker and winger in a January transfer window.

We need a goalkeeper and cb also. 

I was thinking of this as well, I don't remember where but I think I have read some suggestions about us not having much to spend or at least not going to spend much. Wasn't there reports in the summer that we put in a 16M bid for Benrahma and had quite significant bids for strikers the last days of the window? If so there should still be quite much to spend. Don't know if FFP-reports have changed that. 

I am kinda surprised we haven't signed anyone yet. Seems obvious that we need bodies and getting them in early would be an advantage. 

While I guess clubs and targets may be difficult to bring in, I still think it's surprising we haven't made deals ready beforehand considering we've known for 5 months that we needed a striker and a winger. 

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I am kinda surprised we haven't signed anyone yet. Seems obvious that we need bodies and getting them in early would be an advantage. 

While I guess clubs and targets may be difficult to bring in, I still think it's surprising we haven't made deals ready beforehand considering we've known for 5 months that we needed a striker and a winger. 

It doesn't matter how long we have known what we need; what matters is how long other clubs have known what they don't need.

• Like 1

We have a fat stack to spend. There will be two strikers. 1 lavish and 1 a less lavish promising gem. Neither will be an over the hill also ran on some teams bomb squad.

I could be wrong. I mean, they say its  theoretically possible.

Edited by Mazrim

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Just out of interest, what's the difference between genuine pace and pace?

If you have genuine pace you can run a country mile in the time it takes someone with just pace to run a normal mile.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, useless said:

misleading as in those games he's only played 396 minutes, which is about four games worth of football.

Very misleading - Four and half nearly 😉

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Am I the only one who thinks his hair looks like a cock and balls drawing?

No 😂