January Transfers 2019/20

sne

6 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Murray would be a smart buy, we need two strikers otherwise we're one more injury from being in the sh*t again.

Ideally we'd get Giroud on loan and a forward with pace. If our striking options are Giroud, Murray and Davis then that would be the slowest set of strikers in the league.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Ideally we'd get Giroud on loan and a forward with pace. If our striking options are Giroud, Murray and Davis then that would be the slowest set of strikers in the league.

Davis isn’t slow, far from it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he is

Well he's not. He has pretty 'average' pace and so my point is that if you have Giroud (slow), Murray (slow) and Davis (average pace) then that's overall a slow selection of forwards, none of them have genuine pace.

2 hours ago, sne said:

Newcastle apparently also interested in Murray...

Could it be that the press is just linking every striker to every club needing one?

No they wouldn't surely?

Murray/Carroll partnership would be dynamic, defenders be terrified of that pace

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Well he's not. He has pretty 'average' pace and so my point is that if you have Giroud (slow), Murray (slow) and Davis (average pace) then that's overall a slow selection of forwards, none of them have genuine pace.

I think Davis is quick, I don’t know why you don’t think he is

1 minute ago, chips'ngravy said:

A definite no from me....still working on how to pronounce Hourihane 

I believe it's pronounced 'For the love of god, run you lazy sod' but I'm a little rusty with Irish names. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Aren't Glenn Murray and Steven Fletcher quite simliar? I'm always confused about who is who. Fletcher seems fit and is scoring goals for Wednesday, why not go for him instead if we are looking at this category?

Fletcher's just a poacher. Murray has more of an all round game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Aren't Glenn Murray and Steven Fletcher quite simliar? I'm always confused about who is who. Fletcher seems fit and is scoring goals for Wednesday, why not go for him instead if we are looking at this category?

Both capable of fooling you they have a full head of hair face on. Different story when the camera is looking down on them from the gantry on a wet day.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Just out of interest, what's the difference between genuine pace and pace?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3