January Transfers 2019/20

sne

16 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

25 mill, yet we paid 22 for Wesley but Maupay has 7 goal to his name and isnt injured so will no doubt be on course to double it or be around the fourteen goal mark.

We absoloutly more than stung ourselves with Maupay, an extra 3 million and we would of had a striker who suited our style. With the way that weve played whos to say Maupay wouldnt of had a better tally by now. I mean what's done is done but we would of been better doing the Maupay deal than the Wesley deal.

That's why I totally think what Smith wants and what suso wants are totally world's apart on signings.

If you don't think Smith signs off on all the players we buy you are off your rocker. And as I said we wanted another striker to be first choice over wesley or maupay or whatever but the move didn't materialise. So yes we would have absolutely been getting mugged off when maupay has a goal conversion rate of about 12% compared to Wesley's of about 15% when we were planning on them being a reserve striker and maybe developing more. On top of that Wesley being injured was poor luck and I'd maupay had been in that challenge he would have been too so don't say it is our fault for signing the player got injured. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

25 mill, yet we paid 22 for Wesley but Maupay has 7 goal to his name and isnt injured so will no doubt be on course to double it or be around the fourteen goal mark.

We absoloutly more than stung ourselves with Maupay, an extra 3 million and we would of had a striker who suited our style. With the way that weve played whos to say Maupay wouldnt of had a better tally by now. I mean what's done is done but we would of been better doing the Maupay deal than the Wesley deal.

That's why I totally think what Smith wants and what suso wants are totally world's apart on signings.

£22m Wesley, 5 goals in 21.

£25m Maupay, 7 goals in 21.

As much as many of us (myself included) would have liked us to buy Maupay*, I wonder how Maupay's form would have looked had he had our fan-base calling him crap for only getting 4 goals in his first 10 games, like Wesley.

*or any other second striker option!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

As much as many of us (myself included) would have liked us to buy Maupay*, I wonder how Maupay's form would have looked had he had our fan-base calling him crap for only getting 4 goals in his first 10 games, like Wesley.

Overall involvement is much more important than who scores the goals. I don't care who scores, I want Villa winning.

Maupay has been his usual ratty, menacing self. Wes has been very poor, broken down attacks and generally been stood in the wrong place for most of the season.

Maupay also wasn't £25m I don't think? Thought he was £16-20m, pretty sure he was cheaper than the big man.

I've checked in my crystal ball and Maupay would have had at least as many as Wes if we'd signed him and been much more threatening overall. It would be tough for him for be worse frankly.

It's very clear we got it wrong IMO.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

First off, where is this 25m figure for Maupay coming from?

Secondly,

£22m Wesley, 366 minutes per goal.

£25m(supposedly) Maupay, 219 minutes per goal.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

5 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Secondly,

Transfermarkt have it down at 22 million euros. 

52 minutes ago, sne said:

Newcastle apparently also interested in Murray...

Could it be that the press is just linking every striker to every club needing one?

No they wouldn't surely?

not the press...his agent...via the press. that's how it works...his agent is trying to get a move started when actually no one wants him

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Secondly,

The post I was quoting.

**** OFF TALKING ABOUT THE HAS BEEN BENTEKE FFS !!! 

If smith really wanted Maupay would be here as like Konsa. Some of other reason was at play - simples. Not sure what that is, but if Dean really wanted him then a deal would of been brokered. 

Edited by thabucks

Just now, thabucks said:

**** OFF TALKING ABOUT THE HAS BEEN BENTEKE FFS !!! 

If smith really wanted Maupay would be here as like Konsa. Some of other reason is at play simples. Not sure what that is but if Dean really wanted him then a deal would of been brokered. 

People are talking about Benteke because he's one of few legitimate options available this window.

We aren't going to sign a top striker, we are being offered the scraps from other teams right now.

Giroud

Batshuayi

Benteke

Murray

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Yes the way were going it's looking that way because these links are getting worse now for striker position.

Guillaume Hoarau - Now linked to this guy.  Havent a clue who he is but is 35.  

• Thanks 1

I thought Benteke was good the last time I saw him play for Palace. Like genuinely good. He was like another Keinan Davis, great holdup play but better in every aspect(probably slightly better in finishing too). Still not a guy you can rely on to get you goals but would be perfect with another striker to play off. Can't speak for his previous years at Palace, but there is definitely still a player in Benteke based from what I saw in that match. I don't think he's worth it due to his wages and lack of goal scoring ability but I think purely on the pitch he can do a job playing off another striker.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

People are talking about Benteke because he's one of few legitimate options available this window.

We aren't going to sign a top striker, we are being offered the scraps from other teams right now.

Giroud

Batshuayi

Benteke

Murray

Is he a legitimate option?

Just signed a new contract, on comically high wages. Playing terribly and not scoring any goals.