January Transfers 2019/20

sne

No club can plan for the body blow we were served by injuries to McGinn, Heaton and Wesley.

The club have been forced into emergency planning so I wouldn't be surprised with the likes of Murray or Benteke on loan. We will need to take some gambles while also trying to land some of our top targets if possible in this window. 

Obviously Benhrama remains on Smiths radar 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Love the last 12 h in this thread! Makes me wanna go to one of those Newcastle beaches, spot some older women and buy a Glenn Murrey shirt 👍

I'd rather have Bill Murray playing striker than Glen Murray.

At least we can get used to ground hogs day when he doesnt score.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

No thankyou, don't want there out of favour player when we stung ourselves by Maupay, it's a ridiculous signing.

If people are saying he's slow, then we can kiss any fast football we used to play goodbye because we will have to play to his strength.

Sorry all but I hope this one doesn't materialize just for the sole fact we messed up with signing Maupay, yet now we want Brighton reject, we can do better than this in my opinion.

Extremely harsh. I'm not Murray's biggest fan but he could work very well in our new system and I don't think he could do much worse than Wesley in the 19 games he's played.
Just remember, there isn't a bottomless pit of money and if we do have say, 20 million to spend, we may look to spend that on a winger/central midfielder. Loans will be important to us this window.

I'm not Murray's biggest fan but will be fully behind him and think he will help us in our fight against relegation. 

• Like 2

Just now, Villastine said:

No club can plan for the body blow we were served by injuries to McGinn, Heaton and Wesley.

The club have been forced into emergency planning so I wouldn't be surprised with the likes of Murray or Benteke on loan. We will need to take some gambles while also trying to land some of our top targets if possible in this window. 

Obviously Benhrama remains on Smiths radar 

of course - most players on loan are going to met by a very big groan - we just need someone to come in and do what Robbie Keane did a few years back 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

Hogan will be playing up front on Sunday. You heard it here first. 

Yes the way were going it's looking that way because these links are getting worse now for striker position.

7 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

No thankyou, don't want there out of favour player when we stung ourselves by Maupay, it's a ridiculous signing.

If people are saying he's slow, then we can kiss any fast football we used to play goodbye because we will have to play to his strength.

Sorry all but I hope this one doesn't materialize just for the sole fact we messed up with signing Maupay, yet now we want Brighton reject, we can do better than this in my opinion.

We didn't sting ourselves. Brentford refused to sell to us for under 25 million. We wanted another striker and couldn't get a deal done. We would have been absolutely mugged off considering Brighton payed 10 million less than that for maupay. Once we were out of the market the price dropped substantially. 

Just now, Flynnchin84 said:

Sure he was banging them in under Smith at Brentford. Only reason why he struggled with us was due to Bruce Ball. Would he fit into our system?

Is he struggling to make the Stoke squad too because of Bruce ball? 

3 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Might struggle with signings this window.

Just seen a photo of Newcastle this morning, looks more appealing than Birmingham...

waikikibeach1.jpg

Yeah, see, what you have done there is confused a picture of Waikiki with Way-Aye-Man

For those wanting a sensible answer as to where that is... It is Waikiki Beach in Honolulu, on the Hawaiian island of O'ahu, taken from near the Hilton Village resort (or possibly in it), looking South towards Diamond Head Crater. Not my picture but I have been there and know the area well (and love it - can't wait to go back) 

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

We didn't sting ourselves. Brentford refused to sell to us for under 25 million. We wanted another striker and couldn't get a deal done. We would have been absolutely mugged off considering Brighton payed 10 million less than that for maupay. Once we were out of the market the price dropped substantially. 

25 mill, yet we paid 22 for Wesley but Maupay has 7 goal to his name and isnt injured so will no doubt be on course to double it or be around the fourteen goal mark.

We absoloutly more than stung ourselves with Maupay, an extra 3 million and we would of had a striker who suited our style. With the way that weve played whos to say Maupay wouldnt of had a better tally by now. I mean what's done is done but we would of been better doing the Maupay deal than the Wesley deal.

That's why I totally think what Smith wants and what suso wants are totally world's apart on signings.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Flynnchin84 said:

Haven't really followed stoke much this season mate so couldn't tell you...

No he doesn't make the stoke squad anymore - think he only played about 6 games for them.

43 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Sounds like Randolph is heading back to Wet Spam so half of the ridiculous rumour of Randolph and Assombalonga from Boro is already doomed to fail (I assume the whole thing was made up anyway!)

I read over the weekend that they had offered £2m for Randolph, but that Boro had turned it down. I had been thinking about Randolph. He has always looked steady enough, other than when he had the Small Heath defence in front of him. Murray was being mentioned not too long ago for a potential England call-up. Both would do a job, would not break the bank, but do not really set the pulse racing. Assombalonga, is not a player that I had considered and I would be astounded if Dean had.         

• Like 1

Newcastle apparently also interested in Murray...

Could it be that the press is just linking every striker to every club needing one?

No they wouldn't surely?