January Transfers 2019/20

sne

2 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I'd love benteke, call it nostalgia, call it whatever you want I just think that sometimes certain players and certain clubs belong together.

Last PL goal April 2019 previous PL goal April 2018. Can't get a game ahead of Jordan Ayew

28 minutes ago, thabucks said:

It’s the small world phenomenon theory otherwise known as the six degrees of separation...

Poor joke aside... I used to work for OUFC a few years ago now and what struck me initially was if you are in the inner sanctum’s of the game peeps talk a hell of a lot from different clubs  about other club matters regardless of the division and very open about these/all matters as you build a network of contacts etc ...

That may be the case, but I’d almost guarantee that 99% of the people who post on here, don’t work (or have associations) at football clubs. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Last PL goal April 2019 previous PL goal April 2018. Can't get a game ahead of Jordan Ayew

so we might have a chance of getting him.  make him target no.1 I say.  Sod stats,  sod how he's done at any other club,  sod form.  We all saw what he did last time.  he hasn't had any serious injuries he has it in his locker.  With the unconditional love he'd get from the villa crowd his confidence would sore and he'd be twice the player he is at Palace.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, tezzaleed said:

so we might have a chance of getting him.  make him target no.1 I say.  Sod stats,  sod how he's done at any other club,  sod form.  We all saw what he did last time.  he hasn't had any serious injuries he has it in his locker.  With the unconditional love he'd get from the villa crowd his confidence would sore and he'd be twice the player he is at Palace.

He had a bad injury before he left Villa and lost half a yard.

26 minutes ago, smg said:

Pictures to back up this statement. Otherwise bulls**t

Which part is bullshit   ??

Fat & Obnoxious ???

Me scoring  ??

Benteke scores less ??

What kind of pics are you looking for you Sicko !!

• Haha 1

If the last window was anything to go by we won't hear any accurate rumours until deals are pretty much done. 

Looking forward to a series of announcements next week! 

It's vital that DS is happy with his options for keeper, striker and additional midfielder before we face Brighton. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, useless said:

Maupay has only scored one more goal than Wesley, not sure why some seem to see him as some sort of holy grail player, I'm personally hoping that we sign a better forward than him this window, no reason why we can't.

I dont get it, genuinely people think he is brilliant. Watched him vs Chelsea and he was like a modern day Paul Dickov

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

he was still class when he left villa.  We were gutted to see him go.  he hasn't had a serious injury since.  

He missed 5 months last season with an injury

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Paul Dickov was good in his day, he worked so hard for his team, a dying breed

of course but he wasnt brilliant, some people build up Maupay as some world class superstar

50 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

He signed year extension in October 2019 and was originally signed for 120k per week. Thinking he'll return to form is delusional. Palace are welcome to him

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

of course but he wasnt brilliant, some people build up Maupay as some world class superstar

I see a lot of potential in Maupay, it’s only his first season in The Prem, 6 Premier League goals already

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Id put a bet if we had of signed him, he would be sitting on more goals than his 7 he has now. Like someone said earlier his goals are just one thing about him, you can see the hunger about him. You can see he feels he wants to be one of the best in his position someday, he tries, he chases, he knows positioning, has speed, doesn't give up and hes always going at that ball as well as applying pressure.

I don't see how anyone can't see that we made a terrible mistake not bringing him here, I only hope we now find someone of equal or better capability before it's to late.

Out of all the striker links, I hope we get one from Chelsea in batshuayi or go after Morelos from Rangers. It seems Morelos is In a spot of bother to, don't know what gesture he did to Celtic fans but it's earned him a ban, not sure if he scored before the gesture either, if he did join us he would have to stop the silliness like that, surely Smith wouldn't have none of it.

I feel we need a smaller striker this time, big guys don't suit what we're trying to do, we need stamina and speed from our frontman. We want a guy who is abit similar to how Tammy was, who came back in defence if need be and chased the ball that far back, applied pressure as often as possible. 

1 hour ago, Villastine said:

If the last window was anything to go by we won't hear any accurate rumours until deals are pretty much done. 

Looking forward to a series of announcements next week! 

It's vital that DS is happy with his options for keeper, striker and additional midfielder before we face Brighton. 

Unless Dean Smith’s Son’s friend takes to twitter again?

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1