Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

Played well but in typical Marv style he somehow got hilself booked with his touch after a great interception

To be fair it was a harsh booking, he got the ball but seemingly got booked for looking aggressive. Those bits of breaking up play helped us a lot and that was clearly his job - break up play. Bissouma broke up play well but didn’t do anything progressive with the ball so I’d say they both had similar performances.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Claud Makalele was hailed as world class because he used to win the ball and pass it in any direction 5 yards and have around 95% accuracy.

Yesterday we scored because Marvellous intercepted the ball and then passed it 5 yards forwards to Young who then opened the game up and created the chance for Ollie.

Top performance from Marvellous.

Makelele was world class , so good he had a position named after him 

I like Marv, yes he’s limited and isn’t good enough for where we want to be but he gives his all in every game he plays. Fans are quick to jump on him when he gives a pass away. What some fans don’t understand is that he probably receives and passes more balls than the rest of the midfield combined, of course he is going to give the ball away every now and then. His pass accuracy is actually very good. He goes about his business and never hides, always shows even when he’s not having a good game.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, WHY said:

I like Marv, yes he’s limited and isn’t good enough for where we want to be but he gives his all in every game he plays. Fans are quick to jump on him when he gives a pass away. What some fans don’t understand is that he probably receives and passes more balls than the rest of the midfield combined, of course he is going to give the ball away every now and then. His pass accuracy is actually very good. He goes about his business and never hides, always shows even when he’s not having a good game.

Nakamba this season has been targeted by less passes per 90 than any other player in our squad bar the damn goalkeepers. Ramsey is the only one of CMs who've attempted less passes per 90 this season than Nakamba and that's somewhat excused by the fact that he operates higher up the pitch than Nakamba. Luiz is our most passing oriented CM.

His passing gets too much flack imo but he absolutely isn't the guy in midfield distributing passes around. Our team tries to avoid passing the ball to him whenever they can probably because they know it's a weakness of his.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

We don't just need better, we have better. Marv isn't playing if Luiz is fit. How many teams around midtable have considerably better backups? I wouldn't be aggrieved if we replaced him, but I don't see us signing a considerably better player to warm the bench

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

We don't just need better, we have better. Marv isn't playing if Luiz is fit. How many teams around midtable have considerably better backups? I wouldn't be aggrieved if we replaced him, but I don't see us signing a considerably better player to warm the bench

I think there’s games where we would be more suited to having a defensive midfielder like Nakamba (obviously a better one) rather than Douglas Luiz.

The first signing I’d be making would be a better ball winning defensive midfielder to give us this option. Even if that means playing this new defensive midfielder alongside Luiz it just gives us so much more flexibility with what we do in midfield.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Funny how people see the same game. I thought he was one of the better players on the pitch for us today.

Second half he was better, first he struggled a bit - a few times he went in for challenges but they just didn't stick as he's not got enough weight/strength/aggression. The plus there is that he's reading the game well and putting the work in to make those challenges, just needs to continue putting in the work to develop his game further. 

3 hours ago, villarule123 said:

I'd wack our entire January budget on Bissouma alone. The reason Brighton kept/won back the ball so much yesterday was because of him. 

Nobody is buying that guy at the moment 

6 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Claud Makalele was hailed as world class because he used to win the ball and pass it in any direction 5 yards and have around 95% accuracy.

Yesterday we scored because Marvellous intercepted the ball and then passed it 5 yards forwards to Young who then opened the game up and created the chance for Ollie.

Top performance from Marvellous.

some won't see that as the instigation of the goal scoring move,or worthy of note...... equally some will of course.

Â