Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

13 hours ago, hippo said:

I really think with Sanson we seen a player previously priced at £30m available for £15m and rushed headlong into it.

He'd only just returned from injury when we brought him. Good chance we didn't do our homework.

If thats the case.....we are not doing the right thing for the team....thats just profit seeking...it will come back an bite us on the bum.

If we are going to do that....John McGinn and Demari Gray @ 1.5 mill are the players to do it with.....or Ivan Toney@ c 10 mill

Edited by TRO

16 hours ago, TRO said:

I never really understood the Sanson signing.....that should have been a DM in my thinking.

We may get around to it eventually, but thats not strategic planning, thats having the obvious forced on you and reacting.

so we have a squad of 25 and one recognised Defensive midfielder, who is inconsistent, bless him.

Whether you agree or not Luiz is a defensive midfielder. We have 2

23 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I think it’s a bit different with Marv than say Veretout or whoever.

Marv is 27, this is his third season here, we’ve seen quite a lot of him. He’s done nothing to suggest he’ll ever be a top player.

On a good day, his off the ball work is class, and he manages to lay the ball off quickly to the technical players. But there’s the problem: we’re delighted when he manages to find feet with a pass because we know this is a challenge for him.

You only have to watch him in the warm up to see he’s technically miles behind the rest of the squad, and his peak performance in possession is normal for his teammates. That isn’t a long term option in a Premier League side.

So no I don’t think he’s shit, and I like him, but he needs replacing eventually.

Agreed. He's just an average squad player. We had to sign these types in summer 2019 and now we've improved and basically solid mid table they stick out a bit more. I'm not too bothered with his cameos like Saturday as in fairness he usually comes on in games we're winning with 15 minutes left and does a solid job. It's however performances like Watford and Sheffield United last season that show he's never going to be good enough to start 20 + games in a season for us.

Hopefully we don't start pulling stuff like losing Luiz in the summer and giving Nakamba a 4 year deal as that sort of decision making will put a significant break on our progress upwards.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, smg said:

Probably agree with long term view but at present he is a decent back up that gets unfairly criticised because people make their minds up and won’t budge

Would you give him a new contract? He has 18 months left so club will have decision to make soon enough.

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whether you agree or not Luiz is a defensive midfielder. We have 2

you are right....I disagree.

He hasn't got the natural traits of a CDM for me, more a play maker.....but Dean is the manager, I have to accept his set up.

but under such circumstances, I don't see the inconsistencies improving, sorry.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

If thats the case.....we are not doing the right thing for the team....thats just profit seeking...it will come back an bite us on the bum.

If we are going to do that....John McGinn and Demari Gray @ 1.5 mill are the players to do it with.....or Ivan Toney@ c 10 mill

I don't know that we did that - just my thoughts. He was injured just before we purchased him - wasn't selected immediately after we purchased him - imo doesn't look suited to the English game ( I know others disagree)

I don't think we did our homework.

54 minutes ago, hippo said:

I don't know that we did that - just my thoughts. He was injured just before we purchased him - wasn't selected immediately after we purchased him - imo doesn't look suited to the English game ( I know others disagree)

I don't think we did our homework.

I am just hoping he turns out ok......but it wouldn't have been the style I would have chosen, but hey ho...I was pleased when we bought sasa curcic, so what do I know.

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Would you give him a new contract? He has 18 months left so club will have decision to make soon enough.

No I wouldn’t he is a hard working player with ability (he has made a career out it it  so far) but too many Villa fans have delusions of grandeur hopefully he leaves and continues his career at a club who will appreciate his qualities. If Douglas Luiz was from anywhere other than Brazil he would be getting the same kind of shit from our illustrious fan base.

11 hours ago, smg said:

No I wouldn’t he is a hard working player with ability (he has made a career out it it  so far) but too many Villa fans have delusions of grandeur hopefully he leaves and continues his career at a club who will appreciate his qualities. If Douglas Luiz was from anywhere other than Brazil he would be getting the same kind of shit from our illustrious fan base.

I don't think so. To me Luiz has more talent in his right toe than Nakamba has in both feet on the ball and that's generally been reflected in their performances since 2019.

Doug is in really good form currently....as he was this time last year and when we stayed up so while his performances post xmas showed he still needs to be more consistant, he's going to be a top midfield player by time he gets to 25 and we'll struggle to hold onto him as europa league teams as a minimum will be looking at him.

Nakamba will probably just go to mid table team in mid tier league. Actually weren't Watford linked with him in the summer? That feels the right sort of team he'll end up at if we make him available for 6-8m in January.

Giving Nakamba a new contract or not should really be a financial decision rather than a footballing one. He is not a starter and would be on the list of players that need to be upgraded. Remaining contract duration goes a long way to determining sell on value. If the club believe we can find a buyer then we should extend the contract and maximise the financial return. If we believe we won't find a buyer then we should let his contract wind down.

11 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Giving Nakamba a new contract or not should really be a financial decision rather than a footballing one. He is not a starter and would be on the list of players that need to be upgraded. Remaining contract duration goes a long way to determining sell on value. If the club believe we can find a buyer then we should extend the contract and maximise the financial return. If we believe we won't find a buyer then we should let his contract wind down.

Any players you dont want to sell 😂😂

Its not Football Manager its not easy to sell players

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

You mean we can't send Dean Smith's clone to manager another team and get him to buy all our rubbish players for over market value?

Edited by MrBlack

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Maybe try rereading my comment again. Did I say I want to sell him? No. Did I say he would be easy to sell? No

I said if the club believe they can sell him then they should maximise his value. Pretty basic stuff really. 

On 18/10/2021 at 06:32, TRO said:

you are right....I disagree.

He hasn't got the natural traits of a CDM for me, more a play maker.....but Dean is the manager, I have to accept his set up.

but under such circumstances, I don't see the inconsistencies improving, sorry.

Have you though? Has to be well past triple digits on the number of post on this topic. 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Have you though? Has to be well past triple digits on the number of post on this topic. 

well , thats a bit rich.....I would hazard a guess, there is a few others ,who push me close...on either side of the debate.

are you counting them? sad.... I'm not, I just enjoy writing, hence why I contribute to the site.

perhaps, I am getting my money's worth😀

I am a season ticket holder, I go every home game, so of course, I accept what the manager does, as his way.

I don't have to agree with everything he does, but I accept he is the only one who can do it.

If I took my disagreements to heart, to the degree you possibly think I do.....I wouldn't go to the games.

Oh and by the way, I never display any adverse comments in the ground....match day is reserved for total positivity....but this is a fans forum, where you can open your heart, within reason.

8 hours ago, paul514 said:

Football outsider is saying Nakamba is a 15m target for Newcastle in January.....

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-newcastle-set-sights-on-signing-aston-villa-star-nakamba-in-january/

I would definitely take 15m for him and invest it in an upgrade or at least a player with a higher ceiling. 

I’d be holding out for £50M for Marvelous from the journalist murderers.

£15M from anyone else.

8 hours ago, paul514 said:

Football outsider is saying Nakamba is a 15m target for Newcastle in January.....

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-newcastle-set-sights-on-signing-aston-villa-star-nakamba-in-january/

I would definitely take 15m for him and invest it in an upgrade or at least a player with a higher ceiling. 

I wouldn't tbh - don't think that fee is worth the hassle for us. 

Â